Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Bushnell reflex sight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 953 Times on 608 Posts
Likes Given: 391

Default Bushnell reflex sight?

Anybody have experience with these? It would be going on my AR it would mostly be used for plinking and or hunting. I'm not a huge fan of the tube style rds, but haven't entirely ruled them out. Any input on the Bushnell sights would be greatly appreciated.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #2

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 909

Any particular model?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:22 AM   #3

Liked 1922 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 411

I have a Bushnell Holo-sight that is made by the same folks that make Eotech. It is more like the old versions without the roll bar, takes N batteries. It doesn't have the rubberized buttons. It works great, has the same reticle, and hits as fast and accurate.

I also have a TRS-25, which would be more in the "tube" style. It also works well for the money, is compact, and light. I've bounced it around to a few guns. It's been in my AR, a friends AK, and my Marlin .30-30. Been dropped, dunked in water, and keeps working fine.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:25 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Any particular model?
The Bushnell first strike.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:29 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I have a Bushnell Holo-sight that is made by the same folks that make Eotech. It is more like the old versions without the roll bar, takes N batteries. It doesn't have the rubberized buttons. It works great, has the same reticle, and hits as fast and accurate.
I've seen these online, but they don't seem to be available anymore, at least not where I've looked so far. How is the battery life on it?

Old 02-17-2014, 06:09 AM   #6

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 909

No first hand knowledge of the First Strike but two TRS-25s are working well for me. Similar to what SSGN_Doc said, I've moved them from rifle to rifle and they've taken a few knocks but keep on working. No complaints.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, I guess I will find out shortly! I received an email this morning from the NRA alerting me that I won third place in their optics giveaway and guess what? It is the said model originally inquired about! http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/ar-optics/first-strike-hirise

Old 02-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1354 Times on 919 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Well, I guess I will find out shortly! I received an email this morning from the NRA alerting me that I won third place in their optics giveaway and guess what? It is the said model originally inquired about! http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/ar-optics/first-strike-hirise
You can get a lifetime supply (25) of energizer batteries here for $12.95. http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-New-Genuine-Energizer-CR2032-ECR2032-3V-Coin-Button-Lithium-Batteries-/331090629287?pt=US_Single_Use_Batteries&hash=item4 d168a12a7

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #9

Liked 2369 Times on 1479 Posts
Likes Given: 51

How far is a red dot good to as far as range? 50yards?

.-- .. .-.. .-.. + .-- --- .-. -.- + ..-. --- .-. + -... . . .-.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #10

Liked 1922 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
I've seen these online, but they don't seem to be available anymore, at least not where I've looked so far. How is the battery life on it?
The battery life is one of the downfalls. I haven't measured it, but I know my EOTech 512 has better battery life with AA batteries, which are easier to find.

ebay, or other auction sites may be the only place to find the old holo-sights. Had mine for about a decade.