Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Bushnell reflex sight? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/bushnell-reflex-sight-104092/)

BigB 02-17-2014 02:01 AM

Bushnell reflex sight?
 
Anybody have experience with these? It would be going on my AR it would mostly be used for plinking and or hunting. I'm not a huge fan of the tube style rds, but haven't entirely ruled them out. Any input on the Bushnell sights would be greatly appreciated.

Quentin 02-17-2014 04:03 AM

Any particular model?

SSGN_Doc 02-17-2014 04:22 AM

I have a Bushnell Holo-sight that is made by the same folks that make Eotech. It is more like the old versions without the roll bar, takes N batteries. It doesn't have the rubberized buttons. It works great, has the same reticle, and hits as fast and accurate.

I also have a TRS-25, which would be more in the "tube" style. It also works well for the money, is compact, and light. I've bounced it around to a few guns. It's been in my AR, a friends AK, and my Marlin .30-30. Been dropped, dunked in water, and keeps working fine.

BigB 02-17-2014 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1508359)
Any particular model?

The Bushnell first strike.

BigB 02-17-2014 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1508382)
I have a Bushnell Holo-sight that is made by the same folks that make Eotech. It is more like the old versions without the roll bar, takes N batteries. It doesn't have the rubberized buttons. It works great, has the same reticle, and hits as fast and accurate.

I've seen these online, but they don't seem to be available anymore, at least not where I've looked so far. How is the battery life on it?

Quentin 02-17-2014 07:09 AM

No first hand knowledge of the First Strike but two TRS-25s are working well for me. Similar to what SSGN_Doc said, I've moved them from rifle to rifle and they've taken a few knocks but keep on working. No complaints.

BigB 02-19-2014 02:24 PM

Well, I guess I will find out shortly! I received an email this morning from the NRA alerting me that I won third place in their optics giveaway :D and guess what? It is the said model originally inquired about! http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/ar-optics/first-strike-hirise

John_Deer 02-19-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigB (Post 1510298)
Well, I guess I will find out shortly! I received an email this morning from the NRA alerting me that I won third place in their optics giveaway :D and guess what? It is the said model originally inquired about! http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/ar-optics/first-strike-hirise

You can get a lifetime supply (25) of energizer batteries here for $12.95. http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-New-Genuine-Energizer-CR2032-ECR2032-3V-Coin-Button-Lithium-Batteries-/331090629287?pt=US_Single_Use_Batteries&hash=item4 d168a12a7

kytowboater 02-19-2014 03:09 PM

How far is a red dot good to as far as range? 50yards?


.-- .. .-.. .-.. + .-- --- .-. -.- + ..-. --- .-. + -... . . .-.

SSGN_Doc 02-19-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigB (Post 1508395)
I've seen these online, but they don't seem to be available anymore, at least not where I've looked so far. How is the battery life on it?

The battery life is one of the downfalls. I haven't measured it, but I know my EOTech 512 has better battery life with AA batteries, which are easier to find.

ebay, or other auction sites may be the only place to find the old holo-sights. Had mine for about a decade.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.