Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Bushnell Holosight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Bushnell Holosight?

Anyone have experience with the Bushnell Holosight?

Thank You.
FutureMagpul9

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

Magpul,

The Bushnell holosight is a lower version (Commercial) sight built by EOTech for Bushnell but not to the standard that the EOTech units. They have several less features as lower acceptable specifications.
Not a bad sight I guess, but my preference would no doubt be the EOTechs. They are all built to military standards.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #3

Liked 2075 Times on 1222 Posts
Likes Given: 445

I've run one on my rifle while I saved for an EOTech. Then It got moved to my wife's rifle. It's a good solid sight. Not made for as rough a handling or with as long a battery life as the EOTech, but it's a good quality sight. It definitely is a step above the "Bargain" red dots that will die on you.

Here's my wife's carbine with it mounted up:

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 06-13-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks 03 and Doc. I will probably go with a C-More for better quality. What do you guys think?

C-More Railway or Bushnell Holosight?

Thanks.

Magpul

Old 06-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #5

Liked 1083 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMagpul9 View Post
Thanks 03 and Doc. I will probably go with a C-More for better quality. What do you guys think?

C-More Railway or Bushnell Holosight?

Thanks.

Magpul
They seem to be apples and oranges. The Bushnell has a 1 moa dot which is great if you want to shoot longer distances accurately. The C-More which I have never used appears to have an 8 moa dot which would tell me it's designed for close quarters shooting.

I've used a Bushnell and while the shroud is plastic instead of metal it's still a well built sight and holds true. If you were in war time conditions go all out but if you are like most of us who baby our rifles and are always careful about handling them I think the Bushnell is a great buy. If they are available that is, they were difficult to find for a while I thought they stopped making them.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson