Bushnell Elite 4200
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

Bushnell Elite 4200

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Bushnell Elite 4200

So I've been doing alot of reading on glass lately for my LR308. It's a 24" bull barrel and shows good potential for accuracy at longer ranges. I will likely never hunt with it and really what's the chance of the SHTF situation we occasionally talk about, so this will be a paper puncher, gong ringer, and maybe if I get good with it, a dynamite blower upper.

I had been pretty well set on a Millet, but the more I read, the more bad quality and service I found. I really wanted the 6-25x56 with the 35mm tube. Seemed like a good fit for my desired usage at a decent price. But I don't want to gamble on getting a good one or waiting months for service/replacement if I get a bad one.

To the Bushnell, Midway has an Elite 4200 6-24x50 with 30mm tube on clearance for $489.99 right now. The same places I read bad reviews of the Millet had mostly good reviews of the Bushnell. However I don't know any of those people or websites from Adam, so I wanted some opinions from here where I trust people.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #2

Liked 165 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 54

The Elite 4200 series are great scopes for the money. You won't go wrong with it.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #3

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

The Elite 3200 and 4200 are the old Bausch and Lomb 4000 and 3000 scopes.

There have been improvement to the lines over time.

It is some of the best glass coming from the Philippines right now. I have the 1" tube 6-24x40mm on my 308 and LOVE THE HELL OUT OF IT.

I have never even touched a millet so I can't comment on them.

I think you will be pleased with the Bushnell when you get it.

Also check out Sample List this is SWFA's factory refurb and used site. they have some great scopes for even better prices.

Don't forget to also look at OpticsPlanet.com - Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Telescopes, Rangefinders, Microscopes - Hunting, Outdoor, Science, & Military Gear as well. Always got deals going and most of the time you can get free shipping from them.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the input stalkingbear and tango. I'll check out both those places, but so far that closeout price on the 4200 is hard to beat.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #5

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

I'm also looking at a scope for a strictly target build. The range would be 400 to 600 yards. I was pointed towards the SWFA Super Sniper. Good Glass and good price. I like that it is fixed power as all my 3x-9x always stay at 9x anyway. Why pay for adustable I'm not going to use. I'm thinking a 16x for that distance.

SWFA SS 16x42 Tactical Riflescope

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 01-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #6

Similar thread came up a few weeks ago, I am trying to single in on a scope myself and after reading tons of reviews, reading threads on this site etc I feel the 4200 is a great scope and most likely what I will buy myself in the next few weeks.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Millett is now owned by Bushnell, so if you are having customer service problems, you will now be dealing with the people at Bushnell. Get whichever scope seems to fit your needs better. I like Millets. Alot. They have Bausch and Lomb glass in them as well. I think if you can get a better deal on the Millet, I would go that route. And with the 35mm tube scopes, you get a pair of rings, a sun shade, and a pair of flip up caps. The cross hairs are super fine for target shooting. My father has a LRS on his Savage .308, a Buckmaster 6-24 x 52 on his 6.5 Grendel, I know he has a third on another rifle I cannot remember at the moment, and is planning on buying another Buckmaster for a .204 Ruger AR he is starting to build right now.

I have spent quite a bit of time behing the glass on a Millet.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #8

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Millett Tactical Scopes

Bushnell Elite 4200 Scopes

Let me know if I can be of service on these.

Donnie

Old 01-12-2011, 03:37 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I hear ya. Man, that Elite 4200 6-24X with MOA reticle is really calling my name right now. I have a Rem 700 Tactical SPS AAC SD in need of a scope. It turns out I'm very good at ranging with an MOA so I'm definitely going the MOA route. The next least expensive non-junker MOA/MOA scope is a Sightron SIII SS 6-24X at about twice the price. From there it just keeps going up; WAY up (Nightforce, S&B, etc). I've been very leary of Bushnell but have heard really good things about the Elite 3200 and 4200 lines. Tough decision here...

Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a 4200 elite that I put on a Savage BVSS .223 and I love it. I take it to the range and it has never lost zero from range visit to range visit.
Mine has the target reticule fine cross hairs with 1/4 moa dot so that you can realy fine tune it. it also has 1/8 click adjustments at 100 yrds.
The only problem I have had with it is that with the fine reticule it takes a little longer for target acusition on cyotes.
Other than that I have nothing bad to say.
I have not had any Millet scopes so I can't compare.
F.K.