Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Bushnell 4x32 Rimfire scope from Walmart (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/bushnell-4x32-rimfire-scope-walmart-53484/)

dks7895 12-13-2011 03:06 AM

Bushnell 4x32 Rimfire scope from Walmart

I bought a Bushnell 4x32 Rimfire scope from Walmart to put on a Marlin Model 60. I paid $30 and it came with tip-off rings and is parallax free at 50 yards. The rings are cheap but it mounted up just fine. I had it zeroed in just a few shots. The glass is very clear for a cheap scope. We'll see how it holds up, but I am pleased for a little squirrel popper.

Muliemaster 12-14-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dks7895
I bought a Bushnell 4x32 Rimfire scope from Walmart to put on a Marlin Model 60. I paid $30 and it came with tip-off rings and is parallax free at 50 yards. The rings are cheap but it mounted up just fine. I had it zeroed in just a few shots. The glass is very clear for a cheap scope. We'll see how it holds up, but I am pleased for a little squirrel popper.

That scope will serve u well on a 22 bushnell have been around a long time I have several bushnell elite scopes an they have been flawless an also boost very good optics, some will say bad some say good about them but even the banner its the low end bushnell on my marlin 22 has been flawless

Axxe55 12-14-2011 03:49 PM

mulie's right. if the optics are clear and it adjusts alright, then a lesser expensive scope can be used on a 22lr as it has next to no recoil. but where a lot of people tend to bas some of the cheaper scopes is putting them on larger or magnum caliber rifles and not lasting. if shooting these, you most definately need higher quality optics. this is an area where you do get what you pay for.

Snakedriver 12-14-2011 05:04 PM

I have an early 1990's era Savage 116 rifle in 7mm Rem. Mag. that came with a factory mounted 3-9X 40 Bushnell scope on it that has survived countless rounds of 7mm Mag. recoil. I shoot out to 200 yards and the thing is still my most accurate rifle and has never needed to be re-zeroed.

You will be just fine with the 4X Bushnell you put on your .22 and the good thing about buying at Walmart is they'll replace it or refund it if you ever have a problem with it.

Muliemaster 12-14-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakedriver
I have an early 1990's era Savage 116 rifle in 7mm Rem. Mag. that came with a factory mounted 3-9X 40 Bushnell scope on it that has survived countless rounds of 7mm Mag. recoil. I shoot out to 200 yards and the thing is still my most accurate rifle and has never needed to be re-zeroed.

You will be just fine with the 4X Bushnell you put on your .22 and the good thing about buying at Walmart is they'll replace it or refund it if you ever have a problem with it.

Its very simple every brand of scope out there has had scopes fail, no way around it, I have a swarovski z6 on my 338, an it has just failed no prob send it back they handle it, my point is u cant just assume a scope will fail becouse it says bushnell or tasco, ect ect

Axxe55 12-14-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muliemaster (Post 651852)
Its very simple every brand of scope out there has had scopes fail, no way around it, I have a swarovski z6 on my 338, an it has just failed no prob send it back they handle it, my point is u cant just assume a scope will fail becouse it says bushnell or tasco, ect ect

i agree, it's the warranty and customer service that should be the deciding factor. anything manmade can fail, that's a fact of life, but the warranty and customer service is where the defining line can be made. even a lesser expensive scope brand that has a good warranty and goodd customer service should be considered.