Burris fastfire III.....any opinions out there??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Burris fastfire III.....any opinions out there??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Burris fastfire III.....any opinions out there??

I am looking at something for my AR. Eotec 512, aim point pro, vortex strikefire, or Burris fastfire? I know someone has an opinion. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Eotec or Aim Point. Both brands are used by military/LEOs and can take a lot of wear and tear. High quality, very accurate and extremely reliable. Here is my range report on my Eotech.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/hera-arms-eotech-range-report-89680/

Old 08-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Another + for an Eotech or Aim Point. Both optics can take a beating,and still perform excellent in harsh conditions. Battery life is outstanding in both also.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 08-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

My AR is optic-less so far. I do have a Fastfire II on a pistol; I would look for a larger primary optic for the AR.

A friend who bought a Strikefire and then added an Aimpoint PRO tells me the Aimpoint is much better. PSA had 'em on sale for $349 last weekend.

Another friend with an EoTech loves it.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3175 Times on 2156 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyFrog
My AR is optic-less so far. I do have a Fastfire II on a pistol; I would look for a larger primary optic for the AR.

A friend who bought a Strikefire and then added an Aimpoint PRO tells me the Aimpoint is much better. PSA had 'em on sale for $349 last weekend.

Another friend with an EoTech loves it.
If you can afford it, go for the higher priced ones. I bought three Burris products, an FF 2 for the Mz's Buckmark, a 3 for my 22/45 and the 536 for my Mini, which is getting mounted and Dialed in Saturday.... So far not at all displeased with the FF's

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1203 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 500

I recently acquired a FF 2 for use on my GSG 1911 22. My 52 year old eyes can see the red dot very well, even on bright sunny days.

I have yet to have a bad experience with Burris products. I am sure you can spend more and get more, but Burris is hard to beat at their price point.

The FF 3 allows you to change the battery without removing the sight, that is a worthy upgrade.

As noted in other posts, IMMV.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Love my Burris Fastfire lll on my Ruger MKlll 22/45!

image-3276587222.jpg   image-3543397813.jpg   image-2734573493.jpg  

Old 08-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #8

I've got Burris Fast Fire 2's and 3's on 2 XD Tacticals, and on 2 XDM Competitions, can't remember which is on which just know the Tacticals and the Comps each have the same. Then I've got several .22 target pistols with them on there. Never had a minutes problem out of the first one and have yet to need to change a battery, and I shoot them a lot and forget to turn them off a lot so a lot of times they sit for hours before I pick them up to shoot that gun again and realize I left it on. For the price I don't think you can go wrong. Now I would like to try the Trijicon out and see how it compares. I don't see them performing any better I'd just like to try one out.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:37 AM   #9
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3175 Times on 2156 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Have an FF2. Have moved it around on different guns. Right now it's mounted of my Taurus PT-92 Stainless target. If you don't have the$ for a EOTech,..it's a quality alternative...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-13-2014, 12:55 AM   #10
That looks like it hurt

Liked 325 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 142

I would go trijicon.......I have a bad taste from Burris..I bought an Eliminator III and it never worked from the start...Got my money back and bought a Leopuld.... I was REALLY excited about the Eliminator too....Very cool concept. Just mine was a POS...