Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Budget Red Dots.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 03:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have heard nothing but good about the Trophy red dot

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 AM   #12

Default Truglo ?

I just bought a Truglo Tactical dual color, red/green dot.
I'm just getting the parts together to convert my 10-22 to a AR style. I'm not a competetive shooter or anything, just doing it for some fun shooting. The scope , I know is a low end, price wise, but seems fine. The reticles are clear, at all levels of intensities.
I'll know more when I get to zero it in at the range in about a week. Anybody have this, or similar Truglo ? Are they decent for the price?
Any info?

Old 03-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #13

Default Follow Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleygunner View Post
I just bought a Truglo Tactical dual color, red/green dot.
I'm just getting the parts together to convert my 10-22 to a AR style. I'm not a competetive shooter or anything, just doing it for some fun shooting. The scope , I know is a low end, price wise, but seems fine. The reticles are clear, at all levels of intensities.
I'll know more when I get to zero it in at the range in about a week. Anybody have this, or similar Truglo ? Are they decent for the price?
Any info?
Just returned it today, after two trys at the range, could not get it to zero. Not sure what I will get now.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #14

Just ordered an Aimpoint 9000 sc for my Marlin 336. I had a bushnell Trophy. Was accurate but the dot would come and go at will and the brightness as well. One of the reticles had a broken segment as well. The quality was not there so I spent 366 bucks for my Aimpoint, I'll let you know when I get it how it goes.

I love the smell of H 110 in the morning, It smells like, like Victory

Old 03-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #15

I don't want to beat this to death and in lieu of starting another post. I am looking for a red dot. I have gotten pretty good on the flip up sights but, now want to move on to red dots and eventually longer ranges. I know you get what you pay for and all that but, for now I want a red dot mainly for training and I think I can get away with a lower price red dot it's just what one do I go with. I have looked at the ones spoken about by the originator of this post and couple of added ones and it looks like a crap shoot. I just need something to get me through training. I am not a LEO or Military so I don’t need high tech at least for now. I am just taking basic combat carbine course for now and if I get more intense and serious than I’ll look at the Trijicon’s and that class but, for now economy is all I need. For that matter I'll better my AR or even build my own who know's but, for now I am looking for the best for less. Thanks

Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #16

if you look at other forums you can pick up a real aimpoint compm2 or ml2 for around $250-$300 thats how much i just paid for a compm2 with mount.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #17

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightmark View Post
Sightmark makes a great red dot sight that comes with a Lifetime Warranty. We are located in Mansfield, Texas and have great tech support if you have any questions.

Sightmark Tactical Red Dot Sight [SM13041] - $95.99 : Sightmark

[IMG][/IMG]

I have a question... Why don't you pony up for vendor status so that you can sell items here to people. Instead of just adding nothing but plugs for your products to threads.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I have a question... Why don't you pony up for vendor status so that you can sell items here to people. Instead of just adding nothing but plugs for your products to threads.
You forgot to include adding a discount for FTF supporting members . Otherwise, Promotive gets my business.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #19

Liked 133 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

From the ones you've listed, I'd go with the Bushnell simply for the 1MOA.
fwiw, I had the Bushnell and the dot was too blurry to me.
Look at the Nikon Monarch VSD before you decide. If you shop around they can be found for $200ish.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've got a Tru-Glo dual color red dot sight, definitely budget. Not a bad sight, although I think it may be 3 MOA. Only cost $50 so I can't too much complain.