Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Budget Red Dots. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/budget-red-dots-37689/)

Shihan 01-31-2011 04:52 AM

Budget Red Dots.

I will give three choices, in no particular order, you give any information you may feel helpful.

Other suggestions are welcome.

1.) Vortex StrikeFire Red/Green Dot Riflescope SFRD.

2.) Bushnell Trophy 1x32 Riflescope Red/Green T Dot.

3.) Bushnell Zoom Dot Tactical Riflescope.

dog2000tj 01-31-2011 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 433433)
I will give three choices, in no particular order, you give any information you may feel helpful.

Other suggestions are welcome.

1.) Vortex StrikeFire Red/Green Dot Riflescope SFRD.

2.) Bushnell Trophy 1x32 Riflescope Red/Green T Dot.

3.) Bushnell Zoom Dot Tactical Riflescope.

I don't have any of those red dots but I did pick up a Bushnell and a Tasco last year. Both were pieces of ****e ... so much so I returned them without ever mounting them on the the AR. :o

I picked up an Eotech a little while later kind of on the spur but it hasn't been mounted either. I don't think I'll be keeping this model as it's not exactly the one I was thinking about getting.

M14sRock 01-31-2011 05:18 AM

An Aimpoint. Best deal is from LaRue Tactical in a combo. Or if you have a friend who is an NRA instructor they can get 3 a year for a great price.

Barring an Aimpoint, try one of these. VALDADA R.D.S. EDGE RED DOT

JTJ 02-04-2011 09:48 PM

The Vortex has the best review of the 3 you have listed. You might look at the Burris line for the $200+ range. Aimpoint is hard to beat by anybody.

Gatekeeper 02-04-2011 10:40 PM

I've got a Vortex SPARC on my AR. Waterproof, shockproof, Lifetime Warranty
Had it for about ten months now and have fired a few thousand rounds with it at the range and in competition. No problems yet, point of impact hasn't changed, mount is still tight, and the first battery is still going strong.
$200 comes with riser mount that is for absolute co-witness and a spacer for lower 1/3 if thats your preference. Also comes with a screw on magnifier but it's pretty crappy glass and I don't use it.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...tsideClose.jpg

Ruzai 02-05-2011 04:42 AM

I've heard good and bad about the Bushnell Trophy Red/Green T-dot. I had a chance to look at one and just from picking it up and inspecting it, I wasnt too impressed, mostly because the T-dot seems sort of clunky for quick target acquisition. I've heard mixed reviews about them but most of them tend to hold zero. If i were ok with the T-dot reticle I would have gone with it but its more of a personal liking of a single dot for me.

TheDaggle 02-05-2011 04:48 AM

I'm not impressed with my Strikefire. The dot is big and blurry, the supplied mount was VISIBLY crooked, the flip caps are a b***h, and it's not truly parallax free. Maybe I got a rare lemon, but if I could do it over again I'd either splurge on a better sight or get used to shooting irons.

ennbee15 02-14-2011 02:22 AM

try primary arms Primary Arms - For Optics Accessories & More | Weapons Optics | Firearm Supplies they were recommended by the folks on arf.com

hawkchucker 02-14-2011 03:07 AM

Bushnell Trophy TS 25 is a great red dot. Have one on my newest ar build and love the thing. 3 moa dot and rugged as heck. Plus you can find them under 150 on the web. Only problem is they dont come with risers like the Vortex, but it is able to cowittness it with 3/4 in pic rail.
Even mounted it on the Shotgun for a while before it was moved to the AR.

BombDoc 02-14-2011 03:23 AM

I have to say the Aimpoint is great. We have CompM3s at work with risers. They are pricey, though.

I have a few TruGlos 2x42 dots. They are affordable and even my nieces and nephews haven't ruined any of them.
TRUGLO