Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > BSA Sweet line of scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Famous Maker

The scope I've been using on my Clark Custom Ruger 10/22 for the last couple of years is Famous Maker HT62444. Clark Custom Guns sells them but I found them here for considerably less.

My experience with this scope has been excellent. I swapped stocks a couple of days ago and had to re-sight in yesterday. It was hitting about 3 inches low and 3/4" to the right. Took 10 shots to get it hitting where I needed it. Target knobs, Side adjustment for focus means never having to reach out front for an AO. More scope details. from the importer.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #12

Default Riflescope

I have numerous scopes on my rifles to include Simmons, Weaver, Barska, BSA, Leupold, and Burris. I think the Burris 4-14X44mm with the tactical turrets is my favorite....crystal clear, ballistic reticle, and easy to use....Great customer service also....now that I think about it the same goes for the Leupold....I tried Millet but for some reason the scope I used didn't work with these old eyes. Find a good QUALITY scope that fits your budget and you won't be disappointed. What might work for one person might not work for another. My low end guns have the cheaper scopes but my higher end guns definitely deserve a little better.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1078 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 506

I have Sweet 22 scopes on two different rimfire rifles and a Sweet 223 on one of my AR 15's and they have always been good low end scopes. I just wanted to see if the Sweet 223 would last under the volume of shooting that I do with the AR,and it hasn't let me down yet.
I have scopes in all price ranges on different guns and yes you can tell the difference between a cheap and an expensive scope just by looking through it. But then again,I also have seen some low end scopes that are right up there with the quality of much higher end scopes.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #14

Default BSA Sweet Scopes

I have a BSA Sweet .243 on my Tikka....It can hit a dime at 100 yards and the clarity is better than my friends B&L.....but Burris is still my favorite!

Old 09-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #15

my experience with bsa - had bought 3 of them, had to replace 3 of them. have one on a .22lr, had to replace it.

it appears they are really nice for the $ for 2-3 years and then crap out on you when you've finally gotten your rig tweaked out.

it's not a matter of if, but when. they replaced them no questions asked, however the amount of time screwing around, ammo, gas money to the range, shipping costs, yadda yadda, isn't worth it in my opinion. i'm a cheap bastard, but i'd pay 200.00 more for a nikon, bushnell elite, etc., to have a better piece of mind that it'll work when i need it. (i only takes me 3 times getting hit in the head before it sinks in)

if you still want a bsa, i just received back my last replacement last week. 8-32 platinum target dot, new in box, $60.00, you pay shipping.

the problem i have with these sweet scopes ( and all these holdover scopes on the market) is that if you handload, or use different factory ammo or your rifle has different barrel length than what the scope is calibrated for, the point of impact will be different than what the scope reads. may be give you center mass up to 300 yards, but certainly not precision as advertised. better off with a good data book, trigger time, and turrets.