BS from Retailers..
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > BS from Retailers..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Default BS from Retailers..

OK, I have a young man that wants to get into evening/night hunting Coyotes. He was set on a 32mm scope and I explained the advantage of a 40mm scope. Both are IR. The gunshop he goes to is telling him that the 40mm will give him a wider field of view not more light transmitstion for the same power setting. Why do this unless they are clueless? Both scopes are the same model or the 40mm is a better qaulity. Seems to me he wants to clear out his bad buy. Your thoughts.

Edit: Bushnell shows a 41ft FOV at 3x w/ a 32mm and a 37ft FOV on a 40mm for the same model.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 12-16-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2009, 03:05 AM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

FOV has nothing to do with Objective lens diameter. NONE AT ALL The 40mm will let in slightly more light than the 32mm obj. For night hunting I would go with the biggest objective in the best scope in your price range I could find.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:18 AM   #3

Maybe he didnt have the scope he wanted and wanted to "sell" him the other one.