Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Best value $100-$300 rifle scope?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Dont forget weavers 40/44 mulie

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Oh yea forgot the weavers
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 AM   #72
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,860
Liked 19579 Times on 11111 Posts
Likes Given: 49291

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Dont forget weavers 40/44 mulie

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Oh yea forgot the weavers
i am kind of partial to the Swift Premier line of scopes! these are great scopes for the price and very clear.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #73
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i am kind of partial to the Swift Premier line of scopes! these are great scopes for the price and very clear.
Ahhhhh axxe come on now u dont reall like swift scopes, we know u dont lmao
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #74
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,860
Liked 19579 Times on 11111 Posts
Likes Given: 49291

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Ahhhhh axxe come on now u dont reall like swift scopes, we know u dont lmao
mulie, i do like the Swift scopes. they are good scopes for the price. they are on pretty equal footing compared to my Nikon Prostaffs. i just put a Nikon Prostaff on my fathers Winchester M70 in 243. works awesome. now he will probably put it back into the gunsafe and it not come out again for another 15 years!

now the one i have been looking at for my Ruger M77V in 280 Rem. will more than likely be a Nikon Monarch in 6-18x40. i also want a better scope than the one i'm using on my M700 in 270 win. too.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

mulie, i do like the Swift scopes. they are good scopes for the price. they are on pretty equal footing compared to my Nikon Prostaffs. i just put a Nikon Prostaff on my fathers Winchester M70 in 243. works awesome. now he will probably put it back into the gunsafe and it not come out again for another 15 years!

now the one i have been looking at for my Ruger M77V in 280 Rem. will more than likely be a Nikon Monarch in 6-18x40. i also want a better scope than the one i'm using on my M700 in 270 win. too.
Axxe ditch the nikon thought on the 280 then, look at vortex viper way better than any of the nikons imho or weaver grand slam or super slam
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #76
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 26,860
Liked 19579 Times on 11111 Posts
Likes Given: 49291

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Axxe ditch the nikon thought on the 280 then, look at vortex viper way better than any of the nikons imho or weaver grand slam or super slam
thanks mulie. i will look into them and see if i can find some local to try them out before i buy. i have to see if someone in my area carries them. i could buy them from MidwayUSA, but would rather look at them in person first.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Resist all Tyranny and Oppression.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Axxe ditch the nikon thought on the 280 then, look at vortex viper way better than any of the nikons imho or weaver grand slam or super slam
Mulie,

I have have really good sucess with the Nikon Buckmasters, what do you not like about them or where do the Vortex's exceed them. I was looking to put another Nikon on my M70, but I might consider a Vortex?

I recently put a Nikon Buckmaster (NB) 6-18/40SF on my Rem 700/7mm Rem
Mag. and have been really impressed by it. Also a NB 3-9-40 on my BAR in
.30-06.

Both have been great.

Thanks,
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade

Mulie,

I have have really good sucess with the Nikon Buckmasters, what do you not like about them or where do the Vortex's exceed them. I was looking to put another Nikon on my M70, but I might consider a Vortex?

I recently put a Nikon Buckmaster (NB) 6-18/40SF on my Rem 700/7mm Rem
Mag. and have been really impressed by it. Also a NB 3-9-40 on my BAR in
.30-06.

Both have been great.

Thanks,
Well to be honest the nikons have way to dark of coatings on them, Second, in dawn an dusk I feel they pick up on to much trash light an become un clear, hold up a vortex viper vs a nikon monarch an I bet 99% of u will pick the vortex. I am new to vortex also but have used leupold for over 25 yrs an my viper is hands down better than my vx3 which is the new leupold, its brighter an every bit a crystal clear for almost 1/3 less money. Nikon is good but not great. Just try one who knows you may love it. Their warranty is hands down impressive to
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #79
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade

Mulie,

I have have really good sucess with the Nikon Buckmasters, what do you not like about them or where do the Vortex's exceed them. I was looking to put another Nikon on my M70, but I might consider a Vortex?

I recently put a Nikon Buckmaster (NB) 6-18/40SF on my Rem 700/7mm Rem
Mag. and have been really impressed by it. Also a NB 3-9-40 on my BAR in
.30-06.

Both have been great.

Thanks,
Also I do have a nikon monarch bought last yr so I was able to sit down out side an apples to apples side by side I feel the vortex is the brighter clearer scope. But thats me an me only u may not feel the same way but just look at one
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Well to be honest the nikons have way to dark of coatings on them, Second, in dawn an dusk I feel they pick up on to much trash light an become un clear, hold up a vortex viper vs a nikon monarch an I bet 99% of u will pick the vortex. I am new to vortex also but have used leupold for over 25 yrs an my viper is hands down better than my vx3 which is the new leupold, its brighter an every bit a crystal clear for almost 1/3 less money. Nikon is good but not great. Just try one who knows you may love it. Their warranty is hands down impressive to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Also I do have a nikon monarch bought last yr so I was able to sit down out side an apples to apples side by side I feel the vortex is the brighter clearer scope. But thats me an me only u may not feel the same way but just look at one
I will, thanks for the input. I have some free money to spend at Gander Mtn
this month and 10% off B-day coupon. I just may come home with a Vortex
for the old Winchester.

Dollar for dollar I think the Nikons are better than the current Leopold of the
same class, I went with the Nikons.
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy


Last edited by Shade; 04-05-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Best Scope for Ruger 10/22 and/or other 22 rifle? sausn2002 Optics & Mounts 48 03-27-2014 07:09 PM
Good $100-$200 Rifle Scope diggsbakes Optics & Mounts 11 09-07-2011 04:44 AM
NcSTAR Compact Rifle Scope - 6x32 Scope iskatel Optics & Mounts 18 05-08-2010 04:22 AM
Red Dot Scope for a rifle. NymphoGnome General Rifle Discussion 4 03-03-2010 03:23 PM
Rifle Scope redwheat General Rifle Discussion 0 04-24-2008 04:04 PM