Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > barska vs tasco

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,487
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default barska vs tasco

Im needing a new scope for my 22-250 I use for varmint hunting and target shooting I'm looking at a barska 8-32-42 and a tasco 6-24-40 I know they r not great but they r the best I can afford at the moment so can any one help me pick one thanks

__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dks7895's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Charles,Missouri
Posts: 465
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

On a budget, check out the Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO from Walmart. I have one on my 223.

__________________

Winchester 100 .243; Marlin XS7 .308; Stevens 200 .223; Rossi 92 .45LC; Marlin 1894C .357M; Marlin 30AS .30-30; NEF Pardner Pump 12ga; Mossberg 500 Turkey 20ga; Winchester 1200 20ga; Savage Mark II F .22LR; Henry H001 .22LR; Marlin 60SB .22LR; Ruger 10/22 DSP .22LR; Browning SA-22 .22LR; Savage 93R17 GV .17HMR; Remington Genesis .50 cal ML; Ruger SR1911 .45ACP; Ruger Vaquero .45LC; Ruger Blackhawk .357M; Ruger SR9c 9mm; Ruger Single-Six .22LR; Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR

dks7895 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 5,899
Liked 1829 Times on 991 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Default

Vortex Crossfire 6-24X50 about $100. Better warranty.
http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Crossfire-Rifle-Scope-P43585.aspx

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."


Last edited by JTJ; 01-28-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: add link
JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kenhesr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SE, Ia
Posts: 350
Default

For lower end scopes I use a lot of the Barska brand. I have never broken one as I have with Tasco and I think the image is clearer than with a BSA.

All total I think I have 40 or so Barskas & never had a problem with any of them, mounted on .22lr to .308. - Good luck, Ken

__________________

"The older I get, The better I was"

kenhesr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,487
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks7895
On a budget, check out the Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO from Walmart. I have one on my 223.
Well lol I have a that same scope on it and Its goin fuzzy and I turned every thing down from the focus to the relief and it didn't do anything
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,487
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
Vortex Crossfire 6-24X50 about $100. Better warranty.
http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Crossfire-Rifle-Scope-P43585.aspx
I just looked at that scope and I'm really thinking about getting it do u have one?
__________________

Last edited by bigdaddy573; 01-29-2012 at 12:03 AM.
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 804
Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

Sun Optics 3-9x40mm on Amazon under $100, shipped.

__________________
Ranger-6 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,419
Liked 1128 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 649

Default

nikon prostaff 3x9 can be found around 149 to 179 clear optics, good company. as far as customer servie and replacment of broken scopes. doesnt happen often. id save for an extra pay check and go with this. its a great clear scope. i ordered mine from midway usa.com and used a promotion code. thats what i paid was 149.

also i hear nikon buckmasters are decent.

__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 01-29-2012 at 12:45 AM.
jjfuller1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston,texas
Posts: 270
Liked 37 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Got one of these as a Xmas present and put it on a Stevens 200 rifle I had rebarreled to 6.5x55. Pleasantly surprised by clarity of this scope at all powers and adjustment knobs track well for me. Last time I had the rifle at range to shoot paper, gent sat down two benches from me to shoot....had a $1200-1500 Nightforce scope on his rifle. We've shot together before and thought he only used Zeiss Conquest scopes. Anyway, I laughted and told him to come check out my $60 scope when he got a chance. Few minutes later was sitting behind my scope, looking downrange and playing with the adjustments. Long story short, he was surprised at clarity of optics, even at scopes highest power, thought the windage/elevation turrets could have a firmer click to them, but were decent enough for him. He would also comment a number of his hunting friends used BSA scopes and swore by them. Have about 60 rounds shot with scope on rifle. I like the fine crosshair in mine for the target shooting I do. Anyway, this model BSA has been around for quite awhile....check elsewhere on internet, probably find others selling it for about twice the price.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=OSPT624 X44TS

__________________
huffmanite is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,487
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffmanite
Got one of these as a Xmas present and put it on a Stevens 200 rifle I had rebarreled to 6.5x55. Pleasantly surprised by clarity of this scope at all powers and adjustment knobs track well for me. Last time I had the rifle at range to shoot paper, gent sat down two benches from me to shoot....had a $1200-1500 Nightforce scope on his rifle. We've shot together before and thought he only used Zeiss Conquest scopes. Anyway, I laughted and told him to come check out my $60 scope when he got a chance. Few minutes later was sitting behind my scope, looking downrange and playing with the adjustments. Long story short, he was surprised at clarity of optics, even at scopes highest power, thought the windage/elevation turrets could have a firmer click to them, but were decent enough for him. He would also comment a number of his hunting friends used BSA scopes and swore by them. Have about 60 rounds shot with scope on rifle. I like the fine crosshair in mine for the target shooting I do. Anyway, this model BSA has been around for quite awhile....check elsewhere on internet, probably find others selling it for about twice the price.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=OSPT624 X44TS
Lol man now I got to pick between that and the vortex
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Hah, okay don't bother with Tasco :P . Lindenwood Optics & Mounts 1 11-21-2011 02:47 PM
Barska GLX Green Laser JuggNuttz Optics & Mounts 0 08-11-2011 05:04 PM
Learning Mil-dots W/Barska lilquiz Optics & Mounts 2 04-03-2011 03:36 PM
Barska Scopes?? NeonLeon Optics & Mounts 11 01-08-2011 06:24 PM
BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope Westy Optics & Mounts 0 09-11-2009 02:11 PM



Newest Threads