AR acog - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > AR acog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Have you looked at the Vortex PST series?
F.K.

Thats why they call it hunting and not grocery shopping

Old 11-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #12

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Not yet. I was looking at an eotech holographic sight with a magnifier but I'm hesitant because the magnifier I have with my sight mark now has no eye relief and is terrible to shoot with

Old 11-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1971 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
Have you looked at the Vortex PST series?
F.K.
The Leuupold VXR or the Burris MTAC are similar and about $100 cheaper unless you know of a killer deal. I know the VXR is made in USA, not sure on the Burris.
Where is the Vortex made? I am looking at these also.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The Votex is either Canadian or American Made. Now there is the Vortex Venom line which is around a grand but the PST line is about $500 I picked up mine in Canada For $500.
F.K.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #15

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

ACOGS are in a class of their own. Yes, they are expensive. I can offer a great price on them, but they're still not cheap. But if you want the best, you gotta pay for it!

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I just looked it up. Vortex is a family owned and operated buisness based in Wesconson(sp) sorry about that, It impoys Forty people there.
It Says that based out of Wesconson they inspect and sevice their product line . I'm not shure if they are made there.
Hope this helps

F.K.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I have an acog on my issued weapon. I have been to multiple shooing schools with the optic on an M4. I have hit targets out to 800 meters with it. The idea of the acog is great yet there are better scopes out there for less money. The eye relief on an acog is only about 1.5 inches, there is a bad parallax on the optic which means you need the exact same cheek to stock weld every shot or you won't put the bullet where you want it. Elcan makes a sight for 5.56 for around the same price and you can also find the leoupold hammer at around the same price (also a 5.56 reticle). I have used the acog a long time and have confidence with it, but for that price range there is better optics. Just my opinion

Old 11-04-2011, 04:07 AM   #18
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1971 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I was talking to an Iraq vet today and he had an Aimpoint. He liked it so I did some looking. $400-500 with an unbelievable battery life. 2 or 4 moa dot on several different models.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-04-2011, 04:24 AM   #19

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I had an aimpoint in Iraq. It is a great sight. With enough practice on it yu can shoot a pretty tight group. I have had the model that takes AA batteries and the one that takes the flat watch style batteries. The watch style batteries seem to last much longer than the AA's but they are not as readily available. The red dot scope will easily hit targets out to 300 + meters

Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

again, aimpoint is not magnified. is a red dot sight. they are very good and do have the battery life longer than anything else. they are high $ for red dots but have the name brand power like trijicon. I have an EoTech on my M4 another high $ red dot (technically a reflex holographic) no magnification. ACOGs are a breed apart they dont really have much competition in their class.

figure out what you want in a sight... and you can get lots of assistance with brands and models.