Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Any suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage308 View Post
at this point i'm seriously looking at a Leupold LR/T M1 4.5-16x50 with mildot reticule as the other scopes in that class are fairly close to one another but the Leupold has some features I like more after doing some extensive research.

Does anyone know any other scopes that are comparable that I could check out before I make my final decision?
I would look at the Nikon Monarch X and the Vortex Viper (the PST series is a great value). I have never used a Sightron but I have heard many good things.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old 01-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
I would look at the Nikon Monarch X and the Vortex Viper (the PST series is a great value). I have never used a Sightron but I have heard many good things.
I have to say all the advice that's been given so far has been extremely helpful. I can honestly say that I feel more comfortable making a decision about which scope to go with because of all the help I've received thus far. Thank you very much for all your help so far. I'm glad I decided to join this forum for the purposes of getting insight into things I was unsure about.

Thanks a lot guys!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:47 AM   #13
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1077 Times on 618 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage308 View Post
at this point i'm seriously looking at a Leupold LR/T M1 4.5-16x50 with mildot reticule as the other scopes in that class are fairly close to one another but the Leupold has some features I like more after doing some extensive research.

Does anyone know any other scopes that are comparable that I could check out before I make my final decision?
I personally like the Sightron SIII scopes,but you might want to look at IOR Valdada scopes also.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #14

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

You can get sightron scopes that are as good or better then a Leupold for at least $200 to $300 less.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #15

I really liked the sightron but the place where I've purchased the rifle doesn't sell sightron. If I buy the rifle and scope from them, they're going to throw in a bi-pod and some ammo. So it's in my interest to purchase a scope they can order in or stock.

I'm now pretty much decided on a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 SFP. One of the gentlemen at the store does a lot of long range competition shooting and he agrees with me that it'll be the best choice for me for what I want to use it for. Nothing against you hunters but some of the more high end/more expensive scopes have more features for people using them for more than just long distance shooting and since I'll not be hunting, the Vortex will suit my needs just fine. The guy is actually ordering one for himself. I think I'll be putting my order in this weekend for the scope and with all hopes it'll be here by the time my rifle arrives. I'm looking at an April arrival of the rifle. I can't wait!! I fell in love with the BAS/10 in a .308 when I fired it at a range during an open house. The price tag was more than reasonable for how good of a gun it is. I did extensive research about it before deciding to order it.

After a lot of research I feel the Vortex will suit my needs and for 750.00 I can't go wrong. I am very grateful for all the help everyone has provided me and the advice I was given by all those who gave it. I appreciate you taking the time to explain things I was unsure about and actually providing useful info. I was skeptical about joining a forum and asking newb questions because on the motorcycle forum(s) I'm on there are a lot of people to like to make fun of newbs when they ask questions that experienced people feel should be common sense.