Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Any opnion/comparos AIMPoint Pro va EOtech 512? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/any-opnion-comparos-aimpoint-pro-va-eotech-512-a-79109/)

bluez 12-22-2012 02:13 AM

Any opnion/comparos AIMPoint Pro va EOtech 512?

They are about in the same price class even though the EOtech is using a more advanced technology.

I love the super long battery life in the Aimpoint though.

I own a EOtech 512 which I like and want a 2nd Optic.

Any opinions on those 2?

forrest225 12-22-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez (Post 1061472)
They are about in the same price class even though the EOtech is using a more advanced technology.

Any opinions on those 2?

I have been trying to decide between the two, I think I'm going to go for the aimpoint, because I don't have any need for the 65 moa ring on the eotech and I dig the battery life on the PRO :cool:

ShagNasty1001 12-22-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez

Any opinions on those 2?

I went with the PRO for the battery life and it seemed easier to use when magnified

Squawk 12-22-2012 05:20 AM

Aimpoint Pro.

bluez 12-22-2012 01:13 PM

They are both almost the same price and I have no complaints about the EOtech.
But that extra battery ilfe is soooo tempting.

Some side speculation:
-The aimpoint looks cooler
- the EOtech <might> be less likely to get damaged since its sit a bit closer to the upper and it has some serious thick armor.

forrest225 12-22-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez (Post 1061872)
They are both almost the same price and I have no complaints about the EOtech.
But that extra battery ilfe is soooo tempting.

Some side speculation:
-The aimpoint looks cooler
- the EOtech <might> be less likely to get damaged since its sit a bit closer to the upper and it has some serious thick armor.

I dunno about that, aimpoints are known for being extremely tough.

EDIT: I forgot to mention earlier that I prefer the on-off and brightness adjustment knob on the PRO, it seems like it's much easier to use, especially with gloves on.

JonM 12-22-2012 02:13 PM

eotechs arent in the same class as aimpoint rds. not meaning any offense to you if you like your eotechs. the big three acog eotech and aimpoint goes like this in my sestimation

Acog
aimpoint
eotech

just my opinion my wife and i have an acog and aimpoint ive used eotechs. they just arent as rugged as aimpoint rds or acogs.

SSGN_Doc 12-23-2012 02:29 AM

For ruggedness and simplicity I'd go Aimpoint. That being said I have EOTech because I like the speed of the reticle for up close.

Trijicon is super durable too, but some folks have a hard time adjusting to the magnification or finding the right eye relief with Trijicon ACOGs. I'd try an ACOG out before dropping cash on one. If they work well for you they are a fantastic optic.

forrest225 12-23-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1062733)
For ruggedness and simplicity I'd go Aimpoint. That being said I have EOTech because I like the speed of the reticle for up close.

Trijicon is super durable too, but some folks have a hard time adjusting to the magnification or finding the right eye relief with Trijicon ACOGs. I'd try an ACOG out before dropping cash on one. If they work well for you they are a fantastic optic.

I think he was looking at the eotech and aimpoint because of the price point, an ACOG would be much more expensive, although an ACOG would be an excellent choice if you could afford one and didn't mind the magnification.

locutus 12-23-2012 07:48 PM

This is a matter of personal choice Both are excellent optics.

Buy the one you like best. There isn't any "bertter" between these two.