Any good quality U.S made optics?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Any good quality U.S made optics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Any good quality U.S made optics?

Im a big and firm believer in buy American products and i dont mind spending a little more $ for it but ive been noticing that for optics its alot more than what i was expecting.. I like the Nikon P .223 3-9x40 BDC for $200.00 but for something that's made here in the U.S that has same features is either double or 10x more. If someone can point me to the right direction id appreciate it.. So far everything on my AR is all American made products and id like to keep it that way. Maybe im just being dumb about this not sure?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1256 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Even though they might say Made in America,most anything optically will have parts that are manufactured in other countries.Lenses especially,the best glass comes from Japan and Germany.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #3

Liked 141 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Check Weaver and Burris. Those are a couple of my favorites

Dan308
www.dtknives.com

Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #4

Likes Given: 1

i noticed that buris says that "most" of their products are made here. Vortex are made is Wisconsin but dont know how good they are

Old 04-24-2012, 03:04 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum05
i noticed that buris says that "most" of their products are made here. Vortex are made is Wisconsin but dont know how good they are
Vortex is based in Wisconsin but depending on the model they are made in Japan, Philippines or China

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old 04-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #6

Likes Given: 2

Look at Minox, my first choice although they do use German glass, and Vortex.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #7

Liked 79 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Weaver uses Japanese glass.

Leupold made in Oregon and uses glass from(they won't say) but probably from combinations of German, Japanese, depending on price of scope. They do their own grinding and polishing in Factory.

Burris made in Colorado on most of their higher priced models, and uses glass from Japan and Germany depending on model and they also do grinding and polishing in their Factory. I have a FullfieldII model made in China(Rimfire model), but unsure of regular FullfieldII model for centerfires, but I think from Phillipines.

Redfield uses Leupold glass, and is owned and made by Leupold people.

Simmons is owned and made by Bushnell but Factory in China that's owned, built, quality inspected, and other gibberish by Americans. Surprisingly, their "Master Series" made scopes is quite good. I own a Magnum 44 model and I know where to get hold of some Aetec models also, and I know the glass in these models are quite bright, clear, but they have to say "Made in China".

Not for sure about Swift, Pentax, Doctor, and a few others.

Del

Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6010 Times on 3148 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum05 View Post
very good with an unbelievable warranty.

i dont think there are any scope glass makers in the US.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

What about Eotech? More dough but good stuff and I thought made here. No doubt some foreign components?

Old 04-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #10

I believe bushnell is American