Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Any good quality U.S made optics? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/any-good-quality-u-s-made-optics-63080/)

magnum05 04-22-2012 11:49 PM

Any good quality U.S made optics?

Im a big and firm believer in buy American products and i dont mind spending a little more $ for it but ive been noticing that for optics its alot more than what i was expecting.. I like the Nikon P .223 3-9x40 BDC for $200.00 but for something that's made here in the U.S that has same features is either double or 10x more. If someone can point me to the right direction id appreciate it.. So far everything on my AR is all American made products and id like to keep it that way. Maybe im just being dumb about this not sure?

Txhillbilly 04-23-2012 12:23 AM

Even though they might say Made in America,most anything optically will have parts that are manufactured in other countries.Lenses especially,the best glass comes from Japan and Germany.

Dan308 04-23-2012 12:37 AM

Check Weaver and Burris. Those are a couple of my favorites

magnum05 04-23-2012 12:54 AM

i noticed that buris says that "most" of their products are made here. Vortex are made is Wisconsin but dont know how good they are

TCH2FLY 04-24-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnum05
i noticed that buris says that "most" of their products are made here. Vortex are made is Wisconsin but dont know how good they are

Vortex is based in Wisconsin but depending on the model they are made in Japan, Philippines or China

BikerRN 04-24-2012 02:10 PM

Look at Minox, my first choice although they do use German glass, and Vortex.

Triumphman 04-24-2012 10:40 PM

Weaver uses Japanese glass.

Leupold made in Oregon and uses glass from(they won't say) but probably from combinations of German, Japanese, depending on price of scope. They do their own grinding and polishing in Factory.

Burris made in Colorado on most of their higher priced models, and uses glass from Japan and Germany depending on model and they also do grinding and polishing in their Factory. I have a FullfieldII model made in China(Rimfire model), but unsure of regular FullfieldII model for centerfires, but I think from Phillipines.

Redfield uses Leupold glass, and is owned and made by Leupold people.

Simmons is owned and made by Bushnell but Factory in China that's owned, built, quality inspected, and other gibberish by Americans. Surprisingly, their "Master Series" made scopes is quite good. I own a Magnum 44 model and I know where to get hold of some Aetec models also, and I know the glass in these models are quite bright, clear, but they have to say "Made in China".

Not for sure about Swift, Pentax, Doctor, and a few others.

Del

JonM 04-24-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnum05 (Post 779186)

very good with an unbelievable warranty.

i dont think there are any scope glass makers in the US.

Redleg 04-30-2012 02:15 PM

What about Eotech? More dough but good stuff and I thought made here. No doubt some foreign components?

andlar 04-30-2012 02:21 PM

I believe bushnell is American