Another Dead Bushnell - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Another Dead Bushnell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid

So the 223 should not be shot at that range either, or the 243 so on....
Why stop at "elk"? Cape buffalo! it must beable to drop cape buffalo!

Your absurd benchmark is just that, absurd.

My 30-30 is never held against the 308, always the big barrel burners. That is because their argument is ridiculous.

Physics isn't magic. That you think it is says a lot about you.

You tried...
The 223 and 243 have the BC and trajectory to shoot that far but not the power to efficiently kill humanely. There is a reason no one shoots long range w a 30/30 and its because its stupid and pointless. You also advicate precise math yet you throw in kentucky windage. Ya thats real smart also.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #32

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
The 223 and 243 have the BC and trajectory to shoot that far but not the power to efficiently kill humanely.
According to who? On what game?
You don't understand anything about effective range, so you talk in generalities or outright omissions of pertinent facts.

I also load high BC bullets in my 30-30, that you don't understand this can be done, is just another black mark for you. You're never going to get your firearms merit badge that way.

Quote:
There is a reason no one shoots long range w a 30/30 and its because its stupid and pointless.
Simply claiming such isn't an argument. Your bias is showing.

Quote:
You also advicate precise math yet you throw in kentucky windage. Ya thats real smart also.
That you don't understand that Kentucky Wind-age is a precise measurement also... well, lets just say you will not be getting that merit badge.

Last edited by The_Kid; 12-13-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 12-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #33

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:

According to who? On what game?
You don't understand anything about effective range, so you talk in generalities or outright omissions of pertinent facts.

I also load high BC bullets in my 30-30, that you don't understand this can be done, is just another black mark for you. You're never going to get your firearms merit badge that way.

Simply claiming such isn't an argument. Your bias is showing.

That you don't understand that Kentucky Wind-age is a precise measurement also... well, lets just say you will not be getting that merit badge.
Bingo u win a merit badge for the dumbest post 600 yards with a 30/30 haaaaaaaaa get a life troll stop tryin to bs guys with way to much triggertime on this

Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

kid, you're starting to lose any small amount of credibility that you may have started with. i have been shooting for over 40 years, and after reading what you post, seems as you are trying to impress people with a bunch of BS.

the 30-30 was one of the few cartridges that made the transition from blackpowder to smokeless powder, that's a fact. it wasn't designed for target shooting at 600 yards! and certainly not in a winchester M94! i am not saying that there weren't people who couldn't, but as some others have said, those are few and far between.

to state that a 243 at 600 yards is acceptable elk caliber. you are definately dreaming. at 600 yards, i want at least a 300WM or even a 338WM. yeah a lucky shot at 600 yards might kill an elk, but when you start relying on luck, you IMO are an unethical hunter, and give respectable and ethical hunters a bad name.

i have owned many 30-30 rifles over the years, and shot many rounds through them. i recently zeroed a friends 16" barreled trapper M94 w/ a 1-4 power scope for him for deer season a few months ago. i zeroed it a 75 yards and was getting a consistent 1/2-3/4" groups out of about 40 shots total, and with factory ammo. my estimation, that's 3/4-1" groups at 100 yards. for a short barreled 30-30, i was impressed. but i would never try for even 300 yards with it much less 600 yards!

Old 12-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
kid, you're starting to lose any small amount of credibility that you may have started with. i have been shooting for over 40 years, and after reading what you post, seems as you are trying to impress people with a bunch of BS.

the 30-30 was one of the few cartridges that made the transition from blackpowder to smokeless powder, that's a fact. it wasn't designed for target shooting at 600 yards! and certainly not in a winchester M94! i am not saying that there weren't people who couldn't, but as some others have said, those are few and far between.

to state that a 243 at 600 yards is acceptable elk caliber. you are definately dreaming. at 600 yards, i want at least a 300WM or even a 338WM. yeah a lucky shot at 600 yards might kill an elk, but when you start relying on luck, you IMO are an unethical hunter, and give respectable and ethical hunters a bad name.

i have owned many 30-30 rifles over the years, and shot many rounds through them. i recently zeroed a friends 16" barreled trapper M94 w/ a 1-4 power scope for him for deer season a few months ago. i zeroed it a 75 yards and was getting a consistent 1/2-3/4" groups out of about 40 shots total, and with factory ammo. my estimation, that's 3/4-1" groups at 100 yards. for a short barreled 30-30, i was impressed. but i would never try for even 300 yards with it much less 600 yards!
Thank you jonas. Maybe you have gotten through to the troll. I very seriously doubt it though.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Thank you jonas. Maybe you have gotten through to the troll. I very seriously doubt it though.

well i wasn't thinking troll as much as wishful thinking and uninformed on what rifles and cartridges are capable of. another thing that caught my attention, he is shooting higher BC bullets in his loads, in a M94 that has a tubular magazine? he even said a spire pointed bullet! unless he is using some of Hornady's Leverrevollution bullets, he is an accident looking for a place to happen or he's jerking our chain!

Old 12-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

well i wasn't thinking troll as much as wishful thinking and uninformed on what rifles and cartridges are capable of. another thing that caught my attention, he is shooting higher BC bullets in his loads, in a M94 that has a tubular magazine? he even said a spire pointed bullet! unless he is using some of Hornady's Leverrevollution bullets, he is an accident looking for a place to happen or he's jerking our chain!
Ya and if you watch closely on the videos he shows of him shooting "long range" you can tell he isnt shooting the leverrulsions.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Ya and if you watch closely on the videos he shows of him shooting "long range" you can tell he isnt shooting the leverrulsions.

Even the leverevolutions are not able to produce groups of less than 5 inches at a distance of over 275 yards, that is what I just tried to do, winchester 94, leverevolutions, a led sled with 40lbs of weight!!! & not even a breeze, clear sky 22° , the best 5 shot group at 275 was 5.23, I fired 8, 5 shot groups. The other test, I re zeroed at 300 dead on an moved to my 600 yard gong, which is 8'' , the first round was a simple hold dead an squeeze well it hit right about 132 yards from the gong, adjusted windage went 18moa almost max on the scope now fired an still about 65 yrds short, using the very bottom of the crosshair I hit the base of the gong, so 600 yrds like we all agree is a luck shot with a 30/30 an in no way can u humanely take game with it over 250/ 300 period just thought I would post this. It really perked my intrest. Now the christensen carbon one of mine likes to play at 600, but my beloved model 94 just dosent have it. Can u cleanly take game in real world ranges with it, yes u can all day long but a brush gun is a brush gun keep it real an under 250.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:06 AM   #39

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Bingo u win a merit badge for the dumbest post 600 yards with a 30/30 haaaaaaaaa get a life troll stop tryin to bs guys with way to much triggertime on this

Bowing-out of the debate to continue trolling... Good move, you are much better at trolling.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:18 AM   #40

Quote:

Bowing-out of the debate to continue trolling... Good move, you are much better at trolling.
Not a chance lil buddy grab yer protective helmate an crayons , my skin is way to thick to quit becouse some lil butt nugget like u says somethin, I lost a leg in the service so a lil pip squeek like u cant make me bow out