Another Dead Bushnell - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Another Dead Bushnell

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Molon Labe,Missouri
Posts: 517
Liked 74 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Your scope is wacky my friend. I had the same thing happen to me with a $300 Weaver V-Classic that I had mounted on a Weatherby 243win Vanguard. I sent scope in with a picture of my target to show scope repaireman that scope wasn't grouping. Weaver repaired scope and it came back great. What they had to do was (replace) the "Erector" assembly(I believe that's what it's called). That is the Windage/Elevation RETICLE tube assembly that rides within the scope, and it uses a series of springs that tension this tube within a tube to hold it in place, and with every click of the adjustment knobs will place tension on a spring to make the reticle tube move a certain way. When a spring/springs go bad, they can't properly hold the reticle tube accordingly, so your shots get WACKY. SO. Send your scope AND a picture of your target back to Bushnell and tell them that scope "WON'T HOLD GROUPINGS or ADJUST PROPERLY with WINDAGE or ELEVATION " and for them to fix.
Del

__________________
Triumphman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_kid
this is an old thread but i just got back to this site a bit ago and wanted to address the comments in my thread...

When it is scoped, i get less than 2 inches at 300 yards. And that is with a $50 scope.

And there are no issues with "hold pressure". Ridiculous.

It is 8 inches in a right angled 10mph wind with a 30-06 using a spire point. 20 inches with the bullet you suggest in a 30-30, it is mathmatics, very easily figured if you know how to estimate wind..

I shoot targets at that range... Tiny targets.
video link: Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfqm9n6wqko

my personal range does.

You are wrong... Again. I get this type of comment from people that can't shoot. They seem to think if they can't, no one can.
haaaaaaaaa haaaaaa hold on im still crackin up 600 yards a 30/30 haaaaaaaaaa bs bs bs bs holy moly we got us a live one here haaaaaaa bs
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:18 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Savannah, GA.
Posts: 102
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Kid, I will try not to make it 1.5 years to reply to your as you have done here. Your reply directed at what I stated only goes to show your ignorance in some areas. I said 94 could do one inch at 100 but (added here) those that do that or better are few and far between, for target shooting I want to see a 5 shot group. Because you post a group claimed to be shot at a specific distance doesn't make it so. I have had people claim a distance was 200 yards and when measured with a laser it came out to more like 110yards and they still wanted to argue. I have also had people to be very careless with the truth though I am not suggesting that is the case with you.

Accuracy, in my opinion, and yours may differ, is all about consistency. I don't care about the one three shot group you may have shot at 300 yards that measures 2 inches. Show me the results of 3 or 4 consecutive five shot groups that went into 2 inches at 300 yards, then I will start to believe. Additionally somewhere in your ramblings you stated you clean your barrel after every shot!! Now I believe the likes of Harry Pope did that when they were shooting cast bullets in Ballard, Stevens and Hi Wall actions using black powder some 90 years ago to get bug whole groups at 200 yards, but why would you do that with modern smokeless powder? Benchrest shooters would never clean after every shot, do you know something they don't or were you just trying to look smarter then the rest of us while showing your ignorance?

Regarding the split / two piece stock configuration and forend pressure, your comment that that was rediculous is in and of itself rediculous and just goes to further show your ignorance. If in fact your 94 is capable of consistently producing .58 in groups I guarantee that the only way you are getting them is through very consistent holding technique and weather you want to believe what I said in that regard is up to you. If you would like further information on that go look at some of the single shot rifle data where they discuss what it takes to make two piece stock rifles shoot, and some of those boys can probably shoot almost as well as you.

Sorry if you took my initial post personally when I stated that I thought someone was having a laugh, as I look back on that I can still see why I thought that.

__________________
Tuner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner
Kid, I will try not to make it 1.5 years to reply to your as you have done here. Your reply directed at what I stated only goes to show your ignorance in some areas. I said 94 could do one inch at 100 but (added here) those that do that or better are few and far between, for target shooting I want to see a 5 shot group. Because you post a group claimed to be shot at a specific distance doesn't make it so. I have had people claim a distance was 200 yards and when measured with a laser it came out to more like 110yards and they still wanted to argue. I have also had people to be very careless with the truth though I am not suggesting that is the case with you.

Accuracy, in my opinion, and yours may differ, is all about consistency. I don't care about the one three shot group you may have shot at 300 yards that measures 2 inches. Show me the results of 3 or 4 consecutive five shot groups that went into 2 inches at 300 yards, then I will start to believe. Additionally somewhere in your ramblings you stated you clean your barrel after every shot!! Now I believe the likes of Harry Pope did that when they were shooting cast bullets in Ballard, Stevens and Hi Wall actions using black powder some 90 years ago to get bug whole groups at 200 yards, but why would you do that with modern smokeless powder? Benchrest shooters would never clean after every shot, do you know something they don't or were you just trying to look smarter then the rest of us while showing your ignorance?

Regarding the split / two piece stock configuration and forend pressure, your comment that that was rediculous is in and of itself rediculous and just goes to further show your ignorance. If in fact your 94 is capable of consistently producing .58 in groups I guarantee that the only way you are getting them is through very consistent holding technique and weather you want to believe what I said in that regard is up to you. If you would like further information on that go look at some of the single shot rifle data where they discuss what it takes to make two piece stock rifles shoot, and some of those boys can probably shoot almost as well as you.

Sorry if you took my initial post personally when I stated that I thought someone was having a laugh, as I look back on that I can still see why I thought that.
I like you have laughed at him also for thinking a gun thats made to shoot at max 300 yards is great for twice that. I have handled/shot alot of 30/30's and can tell you that they truelly suck out past 150 but hey whatever floats the fellers stick- or in this case sinks the trolls winchester

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 564
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
only goes to show your ignorance
Says the guy that can't do it passed 150 yards.
Why does your voice carry weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
those that do that or better are few and far between
As in mine does, so you are right... until you say it don't; and you have, many times. Logic isn't your strong suit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
for target shooting I want to see a 5 shot group.
No. I don't owe you one shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
Because you post a group claimed to be shot at a specific distance doesn't make it so.
And a 5 shot group cures that?
Logic again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
I am not suggesting that is the case with you.
Then why the tirade? Of course you are. Grow some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
Show me the results of 3 or 4 consecutive five shot groups that went into 2 inches at 300 yards, then I will start to believe.
There are 800 videos of every shot taken or a description of them; that you are incapable of finding them, (especially the ones for you,) is understandable. (So I did give you 4 shots.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
do you know something they don't or were you just trying to look smarter then the rest of us while showing your ignorance?
Actually, I listened to people like you. I found the heating issue to be as much a myth as your "hold pressure" was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
If in fact your 94 is capable of consistently producing .58 in groups I guarantee that the only way you are getting them is through very consistent holding technique and weather you want to believe what I said in that regard is up to you.
It is called load development. That is how I get it to shoot well in every field position which requires many different holds and/or pressures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
and some of those boys can probably shoot almost as well as you.
That means they are lying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
Sorry if you took my initial post personally when I stated that I thought someone was having a laugh, as I look back on that I can still see why I thought that.
I usually don't wait 1.5 years to respond, but when they call me a liar...
__________________
...nuff said.

Last edited by The_Kid; 12-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.
The_Kid is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 564
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I have handled/shot alot of 30/30's and can tell you that they truelly suck out past 150
again, your inability to shoot had a direct correlation with the weight of your argument.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
but hey whatever floats the fellers stick- or in this case sinks the trolls winchester
I'm the "troll," after your comment.
Quote:
haaaaaaaaa haaaaaa hold on im still crackin up 600 yards a 30/30 haaaaaaaaaa bs bs bs bs holy moly we got us a live one here haaaaaaa bs
Ironic.
__________________
...nuff said.
The_Kid is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid
again, your inability to shoot had a direct correlation with the weight of your argument.

I'm the "troll," after your comment.

Ironic.
I think im a damn good shot if i can qual at 3 points from expert in boot camp w an m16. And i live in 30/30 country i also hunt out west w guys that have been hunting big game longer than you have probably been alive and they all call a 30/30 POS beyond 150 for any REAL world hunting application. I think you are one of them guys that thinks your shooting 1/4 mile when your really shooting 200 yards. Maybe and i mean a MAYBE with letters 1' tall

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did
__________________

Last edited by Marlinman; 12-13-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 564
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
And i live in 30/30 country i also hunt out west w guys that have been hunting big game longer than you have probably been alive
Your proximity to "30/30 country" is cute.. although it still doesn't forward your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
and they all call a 30/30 POS beyond 150 for any REAL world hunting application.
Still unable to make a coherent statement. Why don't you find some balls and make an argument other than, "REAL world hunting"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I think you are one of them guys that thinks your shooting 1/4 mile when your really shooting 200 yards.
I know you freely admit you can't do it passed 150 yards. So far that is your only argument.
__________________
...nuff said.
The_Kid is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid
Your proximity to "30/30 country" is cute.. although it still doesn't forward your argument.

Still unable to make a coherent statement. Why don't you find some balls and make an argument other than, "REAL world hinting"?

I know you freely admit you can't do it passed 150 yards. So far that is your only argument.
I could probably do it past that range but why would anyone with a lick of since want to when they have guns that will shoot your 600 yards and still have enough power to drop an elk in its tracks. Guns like 338 win mag, 7mm mag, 7mm wsm, 300 ultra mag. I have all them calibers and know i can shoot circles around your MAGNIFICENT magical 30/30 at any range you want to try me at.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 564
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I could probably do it past that range but why would anyone with a lick of since want to when they have guns that will shoot your 600 yards and still have enough power to drop an elk in its tracks.

So the 223 should not be shot at that range either, or the 243 so on....
Why stop at "elk"? Cape buffalo! it must beable to drop cape buffalo!

Your absurd benchmark is just that, absurd.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Guns like 338 win mag, 7mm mag, 7mm wsm, 300 ultra mag.
My 30-30 is never held against the 308, always the big barrel burners. That is because their argument is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I have all them calibers and know i can shoot circles around your MAGNIFICENT magical 30/30 at any range you want to try me at.
Physics isn't magic. That you think it is says a lot about you.

You tried...
__________________
...nuff said.
The_Kid is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Bushnell 4200 Elite Tactical vs. Leupold Mark 4? billt Firearm Accessories & Gear 6 08-07-2008 03:20 PM
Bushnell Banner truevil1313 Firearm Accessories & Gear 4 07-28-2008 09:56 PM
Eotech / Bushnell halo sight River Bend Firearm Accessories & Gear 2 05-08-2008 11:16 PM