Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Acog vs eotech vs aimpoint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Acog vs eotech vs aimpoint

Could someone tell me the differences and which would be best to put on my colt m4 carbine? I know the Acog is more expensive but I want to know the advantages of all three.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't decided on what I want on my m4 but, I'm leaning towards the eotech. I have no expierence with any of them short of playing with them in my local gun shop.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book"

Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The ACOG has the 1.5, 3, or 4 power Magnification. Plus the BAC with both eyes open. I run one with a RMR on top for close up shots.
Eotech is also very good but no magnification unless you add the 3X Gen. II behind it.
Had an Aimpoint CompM2 and sold it.
I would get either a Trijicon ACOG TA31F, or TA50.
Or a Eotech XPS 3-0 or 2-0.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #4

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Have the TA31H-G with the RCO ARD...love it. It really comes down to magnification, and if you wanna worry about batteries. Trij is battery free.

image-2888032783.jpg

image-971969178.jpg

image-1442294997.jpg

Old 01-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1979

seems to be personal preference , I really like my primary arms red dot , cheap , great customer service,small and light weight , not to mention I didnt want to drop $400+ on a sight that I could live without ,
My new AR has a 3-9X40 on it so I have one AR with a red dot and another scoped for longer distances, If you can try them all out on a gun and see what you like best , nothing worse than spending all that money on something you dont really like that well .

Old 01-17-2012, 02:42 AM   #6

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
seems to be personal preference , I really like my primary arms red dot , cheap , great customer service,small and light weight , not to mention I didnt want to drop $400+ on a sight that I could live without ,
My new AR has a 3-9X40 on it so I have one AR with a red dot and another scoped for longer distances, If you can try them all out on a gun and see what you like best , nothing worse than spending all that money on something you dont really like that well .
That's a very good point. The ACOG was friggin' 'SPENSIVE. Primarily because it is over-built for the rigors of combat, and the environment one typically finds themselves in during such activities. There are many viable options WAY less expensive that, for the casual or even the moderate shooter, work very well and are of good quality.

The main reason I bought the ACOG is that at the time, I had the money and just really wanted one. I don't NEED that much scope per se, as I'll not be fast-roping out of a Helo, or scaling the mountains of Afghanistan any time soon.