Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > ACOG/red dots/green dots etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ACOG/red dots/green dots etc

Allo folks,

I’ve come on here to as I need your help please.

I’m a horrible Limey, I live in the UK, I work in private security, and I’m trying to buy a reasonable weapon sighting/aiming system for a rifle.
And apparently I can’t.

Even though I was a soldier for ages and ages and ages and used ACOG/Eotech/Aimpoint and (the then) latest gen kit…I can’t seem to order an ACOG/Eotech/Aimpoint from the US, (US Customs regulations regarding exporting of sensitive secret squirrel stuff… I can get my mitts on ACOG/Eotech/Aimpoint in the UK, but at usually more than twice the US price).

I know there is the “you get what you pay for” aspect to it all, but I’m looking for an easily zeroable robust combat optic that won’t involve me having my pants pulled down over the price…and a company that are willing/able to ship to the UK.

I’m also tired of trawling through a ton of pages, only to find that the optics I’m looking at are replicas for airsofters or are poor quality/not suitable.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Cheers.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #2

wow...I'm so completely overwhelmed by the strength of your responses I'm left bereft of words.
Thank you.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hello: Nice use of *bereft*

This company (Primary Arms) has a good reputation for quality optics which are similar to Trijicon (etc.) but at lower cost.
Not sure about their international shipping regs but worth a look.

AR-15 accessories, rifle scopes, red dot sights, aimpoint rifle scopes, Bushnell

I have also found the pricing at Reddotscopes to be nearly unbeatable on the web.
http://www.red-dot-scopes.com/

Be Well.

Last edited by neilage66; 09-11-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #4

Cheers mate, very much appreciated.