acog or magnifier
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > acog or magnifier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default acog or magnifier

i currently have a eotech 516 and want magnification or a trijicon acog. the acog i can get is the ta01 with a gg&g mount which i'm trading eotech 516 for and $300 with a few parts. the magnifier i want is either the dm premium optics or a eotech. any advice would be great thanks jason

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-31-2011, 12:06 PM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

i used both optics in a combat situation...... thats a matter of prefrence and shooting need . both are damm fine glass for their intended purpose , acog has the magnification built in , eotech dont. if your just benchrest/hunting/longrange go acog ,,,,,,,,more up close in person with moving targets go eotech, the eotech mag is good but is akward and you lose your iron sight back up (you lose it with acog any way) so like i said talior it to how you will use your ar,,

liberal idealists wont be satisfied till we all are disarmed ,de-balled ,vegetarian crying commies ,,,,,,,, me 2011

Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #3

the only thing with the acog is you are stuck with one magnification and with the magnifier you have either cqb or mid range. i really like both but can only afford one so i dont know. the acog i want is the ta33-h i like the reticle and its a 3x but i can also get a rmr or a insight mrds to mount on it but thats another $400 on top of the acog so i dont know

Last edited by jasondunbar; 06-01-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #4

like i said , how do you intend to use it ,,,,, its all relitive to your shooting style /need. personaly i run a strait eotech without mag for home defence. because down a hallway magnifaction is redundant. so think of need/shooting style .

liberal idealists wont be satisfied till we all are disarmed ,de-balled ,vegetarian crying commies ,,,,,,,, me 2011

Old 06-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #5

most likely the shots i will take will be with in 100 yards because i dont have a outdoor range close to me. i also wont be shooting in a hall way unless a burglar comes into my home or a zombe lol. my best choice will be a 3x or 4x magnifier for my eotech 516 and wait and get a acog later when i have the space to shoot it. i think it would be a waste to have a acog with out the a 300 yard range to use so thanks

Old 06-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #6

No problem I'm happy to help ,,may help whoever comes after to