acog or acog or other option i havent considered??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > acog or acog or other option i havent considered??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Default acog or acog or other option i havent considered??

planning out an "ohsht here it comes!!" ar15. there are two acogs im interested in the ta31f with green chevron and the m150rco with green as well. difference is 200$ in price more for the 150. i cant tell the real difference between the two and decide if 200$ more for the 150 is worth it.

i cant find any contrast and compair features to make an educated decision.

oh, its going on either a bcm 16" midlength a4 lightweight or an rra in a similar config. difference between em is the 1/9 twist rra or a bit better gun but with 1/7 from bcm.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Have you price shopped eBay?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Have you price shopped eBay?
my trust for ebay items over about 25$ is pretty non-existant im getting it new since it is tritium based i want a longer lifespan before having to have the lamp replaced. mainly i dont want to worry about fakes. ive got a bad enough track record with new items failing on me...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Understandable.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5705 Times on 3225 Posts
Likes Given: 5128

I have two of the TA31F units. no complaints. I have the red chevrons (personal preference) but whatever color you prefer will serve you well.

The only complaint I have about the ACOG is that after using them, everything else just seems so cheap and cheesy!

Winston Churchill

Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #6

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

I have a friend with an ACOG and it's freaking awesome! I would get one if I could afford to. My question is why green over red? I just feel that the human brain perceives red as danger and that might help with target acquisition. Red tends to stand out while green is a more common color in nature and clothing.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 05-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I have a friend with an ACOG and it's freaking awesome! I would get one if I could afford to. My question is why green over red? I just feel that the human brain perceives red as danger and that might help with target acquisition. Red tends to stand out while green is a more common color in nature and clothing.
ive got a red/green dot vortex aimpoint clone and the green shows up a lot better to me on all outdoor backgrounds. surprises me that its easier for me to pick out against a green grass/tree/bush than red is.

just hoping someone in the current military is using a m150 rco in rl or someone owns one personally.

i actually got to handle the ta31f red at gander mountain its about a sweet scope as ive ever seen.

im just wondering what the 200$ difference is trijicon's website has the same stats for both

Old 05-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #8

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ive got a red/green dot vortex aimpoint clone and the green shows up a lot better to me on all outdoor backgrounds. surprises me that its easier for me to pick out against a green grass/tree/bush than red is.

just hoping someone in the current military is using a m150 rco in rl or someone owns one personally.

i actually got to handle the ta31f red at gander mountain its about a sweet scope as ive ever seen.

im just wondering what the 200$ difference is trijicon's website has the same stats for both
Do you have the SPARC? I was looking at those the other night. If that is what you have what don't you like about it?

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 05-03-2012, 03:26 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
Do you have the SPARC? I was looking at those the other night. If that is what you have what don't you like about it?
ive got the sparc and strikefire. i use the sparc on my ruger 22/45 and on my sw mp15-22 i use the strike fire on my 458socom.

nothing wrong withem they are both very rugged. highly recomend them. they can both take a huge amount of punishment from big bore rounds.

but i want an acog it doesnt use batteries and has night and day illumination and bdc. its just a much better "oh sht!!" optic

main diffs tween the sparc and strikefire is the dot on the strikefire is 4moa sparc 2moa, different battery types, sparc is much smaller and lighter, strikefire has red and green dot options with no poi shift when changing colors

Old 05-03-2012, 03:31 AM   #10

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I was looking at the TA11H in red and almost bought it but also looked the Burris AR 332 and it was quite a bit cheaper and does what I want. Also it flips from red to green to a standard black, only down size it takes batteries