Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   acog or acog or other option i havent considered?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/acog-acog-other-option-i-havent-considered-63665/)

JonM 05-01-2012 11:11 PM

acog or acog or other option i havent considered??
 
planning out an "ohsht here it comes!!" ar15. there are two acogs im interested in the ta31f with green chevron and the m150rco with green as well. difference is 200$ in price more for the 150. i cant tell the real difference between the two and decide if 200$ more for the 150 is worth it.

i cant find any contrast and compair features to make an educated decision.

oh, its going on either a bcm 16" midlength a4 lightweight or an rra in a similar config. difference between em is the 1/9 twist rra or a bit better gun but with 1/7 from bcm.

mountainman13 05-01-2012 11:16 PM

Have you price shopped eBay?

JonM 05-01-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 787686)
Have you price shopped eBay?

my trust for ebay items over about 25$ is pretty non-existant :) im getting it new since it is tritium based i want a longer lifespan before having to have the lamp replaced. mainly i dont want to worry about fakes. ive got a bad enough track record with new items failing on me...

mountainman13 05-01-2012 11:47 PM

Understandable.

locutus 05-02-2012 06:35 PM

I have two of the TA31F units. no complaints. I have the red chevrons (personal preference) but whatever color you prefer will serve you well.

The only complaint I have about the ACOG is that after using them, everything else just seems so cheap and cheesy!:D

Yunus 05-02-2012 07:33 PM

I have a friend with an ACOG and it's freaking awesome! I would get one if I could afford to. My question is why green over red? I just feel that the human brain perceives red as danger and that might help with target acquisition. Red tends to stand out while green is a more common color in nature and clothing.

JonM 05-02-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunus (Post 788470)
I have a friend with an ACOG and it's freaking awesome! I would get one if I could afford to. My question is why green over red? I just feel that the human brain perceives red as danger and that might help with target acquisition. Red tends to stand out while green is a more common color in nature and clothing.

ive got a red/green dot vortex aimpoint clone and the green shows up a lot better to me on all outdoor backgrounds. surprises me that its easier for me to pick out against a green grass/tree/bush than red is.

just hoping someone in the current military is using a m150 rco in rl or someone owns one personally.

i actually got to handle the ta31f red at gander mountain its about a sweet scope as ive ever seen.

im just wondering what the 200$ difference is trijicon's website has the same stats for both

fireguy 05-03-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 788647)
ive got a red/green dot vortex aimpoint clone and the green shows up a lot better to me on all outdoor backgrounds. surprises me that its easier for me to pick out against a green grass/tree/bush than red is.

just hoping someone in the current military is using a m150 rco in rl or someone owns one personally.

i actually got to handle the ta31f red at gander mountain its about a sweet scope as ive ever seen.

im just wondering what the 200$ difference is trijicon's website has the same stats for both

Do you have the SPARC? I was looking at those the other night. If that is what you have what don't you like about it?

JonM 05-03-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireguy (Post 788957)
Do you have the SPARC? I was looking at those the other night. If that is what you have what don't you like about it?

ive got the sparc and strikefire. i use the sparc on my ruger 22/45 and on my sw mp15-22 i use the strike fire on my 458socom.

nothing wrong withem they are both very rugged. highly recomend them. they can both take a huge amount of punishment from big bore rounds.

but i want an acog :) it doesnt use batteries and has night and day illumination and bdc. its just a much better "oh sht!!" optic

main diffs tween the sparc and strikefire is the dot on the strikefire is 4moa sparc 2moa, different battery types, sparc is much smaller and lighter, strikefire has red and green dot options with no poi shift when changing colors

ShagNasty1001 05-03-2012 03:31 AM

I was looking at the TA11H in red and almost bought it but also looked the Burris AR 332 and it was quite a bit cheaper and does what I want. Also it flips from red to green to a standard black, only down size it takes batteries


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.