6x40 scope
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > 6x40 scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 6x40 scope

Looking for a 6x or variable that includes 6x40 hunting rifle (30-06) with fine crosshairs. I can't find that combination. Can the crosshairs be changed to fine ch if I buy a scope with other ch configuration?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2011, 03:26 AM   #2

Hey--I'm back before anyone answered--saw in the optics forum a note about the Vortex Crossfire---I went up on their website & I think I have found my next scope. The Crossfire has a v-plex cross hair that is so close to a fine that I think it will do nicely. Am interested in the 3x9x40 for a Sportsman Warehouse price of $119.00. A bargain if it is as clear as the thread implied it was. Will be going to Boise in the next week & will check it out. I believe it will replace my old Weaver K-4 very nicely. I need the 6x setting because the old eyes are not as good as I wanted & I guess the warranty has expired. I will still appreciate any & all comments, recommendations, & critisizing of my pick. Options are still open. Thanks.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you search "fine crosshair" at Midway a few scopes come up, Weaver, Sightron, the same Vortex you mentioned, below is a Truglo 6-24x44 and a 4-16x44 if you want something with more power. Although I don't know much about Truglo scopes. BSA has a few with their Target Dot reticle, fine crosshairs but with a dot in the center. You'll see that reticle at Midway with the same search.

TRUGLO Infinity Rifle Scope 4-16x 44mm Adjustable Objective Fine Crosshair Matte - MidwayUSA

TRUGLO Infinity Rifle Scope 6-24x 44mm Adjustable Objective Fine Crosshair Matte - MidwayUSA

Old 04-10-2011, 04:26 AM   #4

Thanks Eric--I checked out the scopes you mentioned but there were some differences I didn't want or like so I guess I will go with the Crossfire. It's not the crosshair I wanted but it will have to do. I definitely want a 6x?x40. I would rather have a 38 but I guess I'm living to far in the past to find just what I want. I will keep my eye open for an old Weaver k6 but will go with the Vortex as a second choice. Don't need a variable & definitely don't want any of the tactical stuff. I'll keep looking for a while--Thanks again.