1911 Reflex sights - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

1911 Reflex sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 05:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

For a carry gun I figure it would need the batteries replaced every month. Would be a shame if they died when they were needed. I'm thinging the Deltapoint is a bit large for a carry piece. I'm leaning toward the Tritium RMR at the moment but would like to get my hands on one and look at it in various light conditions. Since it would essentially be taking the place of my rear sight I need to be sure it would always be visible.
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

- Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp, TX State Rep., GOP, Massacre Survivor

Old 08-30-2011, 04:30 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Battery life tends to be a bit random at times with the sights that have auto adjusting features. I have no accurate idea on how long the sight was actually 'on'.

Another thing I will keep in mind is that cold temperatures in the past seemed to significantly decrease battery life.

With all the variables I'm more comfortable just checking and replacing as needed vs on a set timeline.

The back up sights are effective and a worthy addition for me.

The size of the Delta has not been an issue. I don't notice it anymore than the Jpoint types that are the smallest on the market.