Xds9 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

Xds9


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drtybrd97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat View Post
Just go ahead and clear out a drawer now, you'll fill it in no time. Buying holsters doesn't quite satisfy the "need a new gun" itch, but it helps.
I see already that I need to do that. Hopefully will not have the itch for a while. Thanks for your help
drtybrd97 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drtybrd97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post

+1 on old faithful. I love the hybrid holster I have for my Nano. And I bought the quick assembly kit for a less than $50 delivered, I got mine left handed and it was in my hands in less than a week.
I've watched several YouTube videos and I like what I saw. Might have to get over my Kydex phobia. Thanks
drtybrd97 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fickenmeimirish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 213
Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts

Default

I'd recommend an alien gear iwb hybrid holster, you can get it for under $30 before shipping.

http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/springfield-xds-3-3.html

Shipping is around $7, you can get it in tan leather or black (+$5) you can also get a set of leather belt loops if wanted for $8, so complete stock would run about $36.83, or like mine (black leather and additional belt loops) it would be $51.33 (shipping goes up to about $8 w/ the loops included).. normal turn around time is 1-2 weeks, but I've heard a lot of people say from order to door was 3 days.

Xds9 - XD Forum

Last edited by fickenmeimirish; 07-24-2013 at 06:46 AM.
fickenmeimirish is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fickenmeimirish
I'd recommend an alien gear iwb hybrid holster, you can get it for under $30 before shipping.

http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/springfield-xds-3-3.html

Shipping is around $7, you can get it in tan leather or black (+$5) you can also get a set of leather belt loops if wanted for $8, so complete stock would run about $36.83, or like mine (black leather and additional belt loops) it would be $51.33 (shipping goes up to about $8 w/ the loops included).. normal turn around time is 1-2 weeks, but I've heard a lot of people say from order to door was 3 days.
That's a very nice holster with an attractive price. The only thing I think I might not like about it is that it looks like you can't adjust the cant of the actual kydex part.
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fickenmeimirish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 213
Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post

That's a very nice holster with an attractive price. The only thing I think I might not like about it is that it looks like you can't adjust the cant of the actual kydex part.
No you can't, you can only adjust it by moving the loops up & down

Another nice thing is they are supposed to be releasing just the shells so you can swap them out, they also have the option of if you get a new gun you can trade the holster in, and a lifetime warranty and will buy back the holster if you don't like it

If you clicked on the link I posted go to the home page and it will have the warrantu info and all the features of the holster there

Last edited by fickenmeimirish; 07-24-2013 at 09:10 AM.
fickenmeimirish is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fickenmeimirish

No you can't, you can only adjust it by moving the loops up & down

Another nice thing is they are supposed to be releasing just the shells so you can swap them out, they also have the option of if you get a new gun you can trade the holster in, and a lifetime warranty and will buy back the holster if you don't like it

If you clicked on the link I posted go to the home page and it will have the warrantu info and all the features of the holster there
Sounds very similar to Old Faithful Holsters. I think I still prefer them though. Slightly more adjustable. Similar price points and warranty.

But still, yours seems like a quality product nonetheless.
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Omaha,Nebraska
Posts: 19
Default

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121144437006#ht_887wt_ 884

I got this one from ebay, great fit and is invisible under tee shirt,good price too
Twoglocks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drtybrd97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

A bunch of great suggestions! The Alien gear I do like. Think I'll give that one a try next, or the old faithful. So many choices. Thanks again everyone
drtybrd97 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fickenmeimirish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 213
Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts

Default

Picked my xds9 up yesterday, love it. Put 100 rounds through it.. zero malfunctions. My new favorite handgun.



forumrunner_20130726_120756.jpg



forumrunner_20130726_120823.jpg
fickenmeimirish is offline  
superman0812 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Likes Given: 1

Default

Man I am so jealous I can't wait to get one.
superman0812 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads