Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Xds9 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xds9-94014/)

drtybrd97 07-17-2013 03:02 AM

Xds9

2 Attachment(s)
Got mine today! Going to the range tomorrow after I give it a good cleaning.

Attachment 110336

Here she is with her big sister

Attachment 110337

drtybrd97 07-17-2013 07:13 AM

I was looking into getting a pocket holster or an iwb...any thoughts? This is my first gun that will be used for concealed carry. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

arizona98tj 07-20-2013 06:23 AM

An XDs is pushing the envelope for pocket carry. That doesn't mean some don't do it....they simply don't present the smallest footprint and some folks and/or clothing will be challenged to conceal it properly.

I can't give you an IWB suggestion as I carry OWB so have no experience there.

otisthecat 07-20-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drtybrd97 (Post 1306704)
I was looking into getting a pocket holster or an iwb...any thoughts? This is my first gun that will be used for concealed carry. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I use a remora holster for mine, so I can swap between pocket/IWB (depending on pocket size) without needing a second holster.

JW357 07-20-2013 08:13 AM

Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

drtybrd97 07-21-2013 05:11 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! Arizona-I do like how that holster looks. I'm going to check out their site. Otis-I haven't heard of the remora holster. Googling it now. JW-I just took to the range a couple days ago. Preformed flawlessly. I am shooting to the left every time though. I tried adjusting the amount of trigger finger but it did not help. Going back to the range this week and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again

JW357 07-21-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drtybrd97
I just took to the range a couple days ago. Preformed flawlessly. I am shooting to the left every time though. I tried adjusting the amount of trigger finger but it did not help. Going back to the range this week and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again

Are the sights adjustable?

mag318 07-21-2013 06:13 PM

I carry mine IWB in a Sticky holster which I've found to be extremely comfortable.

drtybrd97 07-22-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1310769)

Are the sights adjustable?

They are not. It's gotta be my technique. I have not been shooting pistols for very long. Little over a year. I've become pretty accurate with my full size Xd9 so it is probably me. I just got the Pearce grip extensions to try out. Hopefully that will help. I don't have big hands but trying to fit three fingers on the grip is possible just not comfortable. I do think I might eventually get night sights for it though. I like the slant pros from Heine that are on my Xd9. I like the fiber optic but like have the night sights.

drtybrd97 07-22-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mag318 (Post 1310775)
I carry mine IWB in a Sticky holster which I've found to be extremely comfortable.

I bought a one to try and so far I like it, just haven't carried before. So it's taking some getting used to. I see that my style of clothes will depict how I'm going to carry though. What position do you find most comfortable for you to carry?