Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xds45 for concealed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Xds45 for concealed

Currently live in ca but moving to Oregon in March and recently shot a buddies xds45 and loved it I know there is a bunch of options for a concealed 45 and wanted to get your guy's opinion is the xds a good option if not what would you recommend ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Kliff, if you can cover it and handle the weight, then any current gun maker offers fine choices, Springfield being one of them! I personally have a Springfield XD Target 5" that is Magna-Ported that was a carry gun for years. I can honestly say that the gun doesn't make as big of a difference in carry as the rig (belt/holster). Get a reinforced gun belt and a custom fitted Kydex or Leather holster and size and weight are handled much more easily. Nothing is as embarrassing as losing your gun from a generic nylon holster at a most inopportune moment!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 09-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Just be aware there is a current recall out on XDs'. Not a big deal, just be aware of it.

Any gun you shoot well and fits your hand well is the right choice for you.

I've never held one, but in my own opinion I don't much see the purpose for the 9mm version being the exact same size as the .45 ACP. I don't understand their reasoning for not making the 9mm smaller than its big brother. *shrug*

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1475 Times on 1031 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguardkliff View Post
Currently live in ca but moving to Oregon in March and recently shot a buddies xds45 and loved it I know there is a bunch of options for a concealed 45 and wanted to get your guy's opinion is the xds a good option if not what would you recommend ?
It is every bit as good as a sub Glock but flatter and has a factory fiber optic. It is a deep CCW you can love to practice with.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #5

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

My XDs is my edc... very reliable and comfortable