Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   XD's!! Slide lightening options and styles! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xds-slide-lightening-options-styles-60033/)

ZombieBrawler 03-12-2012 05:17 AM

XD's!! Slide lightening options and styles!

1 Attachment(s)
Lets see those XD's with slide lightening jobs! Im looking to do something like this (sorry glockworx you got jacked a little bit).

HOSSFLY 03-12-2012 10:42 AM

I kinda like mine like it is :o

JonM 03-12-2012 01:51 PM

Not a fan of cutting holes in the slide that dont serve a function. Lets debris in. When you lighten a slide you change the operating dynamic. Less mass means your battering the frame more unless you offset it with a stronger recoil spring.

The xdm competition guns have more mass so they removed some to keep using the same spring weights.

rsfrid 03-12-2012 04:29 PM

I agree. My 5.25 competition has a lightening hole already and I like it the way it is.

ZombieBrawler 03-12-2012 07:45 PM

This cut removes only a scarce amount of weight however, and the debris isint much of an issue between cycling exposing the barrell, and i keep all my firearms very clean and taken care of.
However i have heard that argument before about changing the weight, would a gram or two affect it that much as well?

HOSSFLY 03-12-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler (Post 738029)
This cut removes only a scarce amount of weight however, and the debris isint much of an issue between cycling exposing the barrell, and i keep all my firearms very clean and taken care of.
However i have heard that argument before about changing the weight, would a gram or two affect it that much as well?

Then WHY do it :confused:

orangello 03-12-2012 09:13 PM

If you are gonna do that, you might as well get somebody to port the barrel to match, since it basically looks like vents for a ported barrel.

I like my XD45 pretty much stock, but i may add a sticker or some grip tape.

JonM 03-12-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler (Post 738029)
would a gram or two affect it that much as well?

it can. but its not like the xd(m) is a super pricey gun so if it batters itself its prolly not a big deal just dont go overboard.

HOSSFLY 03-12-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 738221)
it can. but its not like the xd(m) is a super pricey gun so if it batters itself its prolly not a big deal just dont go overboard.

Dam Jon----$500 IS super pricey to me :eek: :D

ZombieBrawler 03-13-2012 03:33 AM

I hear that knocking off a hair from the slide will help cycling and going far with the lightening can improve it a lot (while changing the springs) therefore a slight cut would help cycling, recoil, and yes, it looks bad ass.

But $500 is relativley inexpensive for most firearms :p im looking at roughly $1100 for a completley custom XDm. Very happy with how they feel and function though and it will be my carry and my range gun ect. So i have no issue going all out for an outstanding firearm and make it one of a kind.