xds recall - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

xds recall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I think I sent mine in before sept 10 so hopefully I'll get it back before thanksgiving. Who knows.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 354 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 186

I was at the local Gander mountain gun world today, and they had a new in the box xds .45 that had the "fix" for sale. I thought they were not going to ship any "fixed" xds out for sale until all of the customers got there back from repair first.

Has any one else found any new in the box XDS's with the "fix" for sale yet?

Doesn't seem real fair that I can go one that has been fixed, before most existing customers who have had to go through the repair process get there's back.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #73

Liked 231 Times on 173 Posts

What exactly went wrong with them and what'd they do to fix them?

Old 11-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #74

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag556 View Post
I was at the local Gander mountain gun world today, and they had a new in the box xds .45 that had the "fix" for sale. I thought they were not going to ship any "fixed" xds out for sale until all of the customers got there back from repair first.

Has any one else found any new in the box XDS's with the "fix" for sale yet?

Doesn't seem real fair that I can go one that has been fixed, before most existing customers who have had to go through the repair process get there's back.
To answer your question on how Gander has a recall repaired XDS new for sale.
Retailers/Distributers with XDS pistols sent their stock in for the recall,what you are seeing is a new XDS that has been sent in repaired and back on the shelf for sale.
On another forum i've heard several owners had received their XDS back from SA quite sometime ago.
I've also seen a couple New for sale online that has had the recall repair with documentation. I've also seen some for sale advertising the sale of an XDS that's currently at SA for the recall,with a return date back to the retailer,and for sale online.

Last edited by MOshooter; 11-04-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 354 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
To answer your question on how Gander has a recall repaired XDS new for sale.
Retailers/Distributers with XDS pistols sent their stock in for the recall,what you are seeing is a new XDS that has been sent in repaired and back on the shelf for sale.
On another forum i've heard several owners had received their XDS back from SA quite sometime ago.
I've also seen a couple New for sale online that has had the recall repair with documentation. I've also seen some for sale advertising the sale of an XDS that's currently at SA for the recall,with a return date back to the retailer,and for sale online.
OK thanks that helps, I thought I read somewhere that dealers had to wait to send there inventory in until all existing customers had there's back.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #76

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

From the latest email , I waited to long . Wont have mine back until before Christmas

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 11-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #77
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6295 Times on 2208 Posts
Likes Given: 1783

Here's the timeline.

Dear Springfield Customer,

Shipping continues to go very well and the speed of returns is increasing.

In our last update, we announced that shipping of upgraded XD-S pistols was underway and that in just the first week of production we realized a number of increased efficiencies, accelerating our upgrade and return time for each customer. Over the last week, we have upgraded and returned several thousand more pistols.

We are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times as possible, and we will stick with that commitment until the last upgraded XD-S has left the Armory. Specifically, we expect to return upgraded pistols back to their owners as follows:

All XD-S pistols received at Springfield Armory on or before September 10, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Thanksgiving, if not before.
All XD-S pistols received between September 11-30, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Christmas, if not before.
All XD-S pistols received between October 1-31, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners shortly after the holidays.

For additional update information please click the link below to view the FAQ for the XD-S recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to recall@springfield-armory.com

Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #78
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
What exactly went wrong with them and what'd they do to fix them?
See post 48 in this thread.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #79

Liked 231 Times on 173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango

See post 48 in this thread.
Can't see post numbers on mobile app

Old 11-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #80
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Can't see post numbers on mobile app

Well, that sucks.

A1: One of our customers reported that his XD-S had fired multiple shots unexpectedly and returned this pistol to us for our inspection. Our gunsmith recreated this situation in a test pistol by modifying the components of that pistol and was able to recreate the customer's claim. Through extensive evaluation and testing of this pistol, we developed an improved engagement among critical components of the pistol to prevent the remote possibility of this unintentional discharge.
Q2: How did you fix it?

A2: Our engineers went to work immediately and developed a design solution. Essentially, we redesigned the grip safety and created more positive engagement between the sear and striker. We then conducted extensive successful testing of that solution.
Q3: What new parts were added?

A3: The upgrade parts include a redesigned grip safety, sear, grip safety spring and sear spring.
Q4: When will those parts be received?