xds recall - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > xds recall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew661 View Post
Has anyone heard what the turn around time is at Springfield?
I have no idea.ABout a week ago i sent springfield an email asking this very question but have yet to hear back from them

Old 09-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #32

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The turn around time will obviously vary....if there are 40,000 in front of you when you package arrives, it will take longer than if there were 1,000 in front of you. I would plan on at least 1 to 2 months. Patience is a virtue.

My suggestion, stop bothering Springfield with e-mails and phone calls and let them apply their resources to processing our recalled firearms.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 09-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #33

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

I am only concerned because of what I do. I manage a component repair department for a major aerospace company. If we do any recalls we would quote TAT when the recall was initiated and then provide weekly status reports on the assets by serial number. The Springfield recall is being handled to open ended for me to be comfortable.
What is the TAT. What stage of repair is my asset in. What if any is my adjusted ECD. How am I as a customer going to be compensated for the inconvenience.
That is what I expect from manufacturer. I had a issue with a Stag rifle and they quickly provided all the above info.
I know Springfield is a great company, and they will make it right, but they need to step it up in the communication department.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #34

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona98tj View Post
The turn around time will obviously vary....if there are 40,000 in front of you when you package arrives, it will take longer than if there were 1,000 in front of you. I would plan on at least 1 to 2 months. Patience is a virtue.

Kinda common sense thanks for clearing that up

My suggestion, stop bothering Springfield with e-mails and phone calls and let them apply their resources to processing our recalled firearms.
I sent them one email a week ago only because ive never been through this process before and i didnt know what to expect.Thats hardly bothering them.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #35

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew661 View Post
I am only concerned because of what I do. I manage a component repair department for a major aerospace company. If we do any recalls we would quote TAT when the recall was initiated and then provide weekly status reports on the assets by serial number. The Springfield recall is being handled to open ended for me to be comfortable.
What is the TAT. What stage of repair is my asset in. What if any is my adjusted ECD. How am I as a customer going to be compensated for the inconvenience.
That is what I expect from manufacturer. I had a issue with a Stag rifle and they quickly provided all the above info.
I know Springfield is a great company, and they will make it right, but they need to step it up in the communication department.
Glad to hear that your company can so well manage a recall for 225,000 aerospace components. (that is how many firearms are in the recall) I guess I missed that Stag rifle recall of nearly a quarter million rifles. You do realize that having a one off warranty issue causes a slightly different impact on resources compared to a recall of 225,000, right?

Getting cranky and fussing about it won't help anyone. You can demand all you want. If you don't like the service, you can always sell the firearm when you get it back. Until then, try taking a big breath and relaxing a bit.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 09-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #36

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

I know, the magnitude of the recall is staggering, I am just looking for "approximately 6 weeks" or something.
I'm not bashing Springfield. I have trusted my family's lives to them for 6+ years. I just want to know about how long my pistol will be gone. I don't feel as a consumer that's asking to much.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 261 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Glad to hear that your company can so well manage a recall for 225,000 aerospace components. (that is how many firearms are in the recall) I guess I missed that Stag rifle recall of nearly a quarter million rifles. You do realize that having a one off warranty issue causes a slightly different impact on resources compared to a recall of 225,000, right?

Getting cranky and fussing about it won't help anyone. You can demand all you want. If you don't like the service, you can always sell the firearm when you get it back. Until then, try taking a big breath and relaxing a bit.
I missed the stag recall as well is there a link to this? Thanks

Old 09-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #38
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag556

I missed the stag recall as well is there a link to this? Thanks
I believe that was a little sarcasm on the part of AZtj.

Real dogs drool!

Old 09-14-2013, 01:51 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 133 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 174

There's a good bit of info over at xdtalk forums. Springfield says the goal is 30 days from when received (date delivered and date received are NOT the same). I'm not holding my breath though, as it sounds like the actual repair process doesn't even start until next week. Mine was delivered on the 3rd and showed "received" on the 7th, so I'm hoping I'm at least close to the front of the line.

All things considered, the Glock 19 I've been thinking about for a while is starting to look better and better....

Old 09-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #40

Liked 493 Times on 337 Posts

Quote:

I hope they're not using secretaries in office people to repair your guyses guns lol
Might see another recall in the near future lol