xds recall - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > xds recall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat
I agree, can't stand hassles, and hassles involving firearms are even more of a nuisance. I would typically be more angry, but if I didn't have the XDs I would have a Shield, which also just had a recall.
Like I mentioned earlier; my Nano is looking pretty pretty pretty good about now.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 09-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 129 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Like I mentioned earlier; my Nano is looking pretty pretty pretty good about now.
Every day that it's gone is also a reminder of just how easy and convenient my p238 is to carry. If Springfield doesn't hurry up the .380 may return to its position as my EDC and I can trade off the XDs.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #23

Likes Given: 2

Thank you!

Old 09-04-2013, 03:14 AM   #24

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Mine went out on Saturday. I followed the instructions provided by Springfield on their recall website. I dropped my package off at the local Fed-X office with pre-printed label in hand. The person at counter stuck a plastic shipping envelope on my package, I put the label in the envelope, he scanned it, and it was on its way. Took almost 30 seconds.

I read on the XD forum where one of the folks put his XDs in the original Springfield plastic clase (less anything other accessories of course) and took it to Fed-X. Fed-X then boxed and packed the plastic case for him and off it went.

All of the XDs pistols sold to date were included in the recall.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 09-04-2013, 03:33 AM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Sent mine out today.literally walk in the fedex place and was in for about 10 seconds.i was not expecting it to be that easy.this is the first time ive ever had to do this what can i expect will it be relitively quick or could it be months?

Old 09-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #26

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Glad to hear your FedEx experience went smoothly. A couple of years ago, I returned a rifle to FNH for some warranty work. While it is FedEx policy that handguns must be expedited, typically overnight or 2nd day air. Regardless of how hard I tried to explain to the woman at the counter that this was NOT a handgun, she would not accept it unless it was overnight express. I relented. Later the following day, I contacted FedEx customer service via e-mail and explained to them what had happened. Within 24 hrs, my account was credited the difference between overnight express and ground charges. My tracking number showed it had already been delivered to the FNH repair center. Their loss, my gain.

I would assume that Springfield is doing the work on a first in, first out basis. Your guess is as good as mine as to how many are in line before you. This is but one of many reasons why I have many handguns....while my XDs45 was my current CCW pistol, I simply rolled back to my Kahr PM9, which was my CCW pistol prior to the XDs45. As they say, two is one, and one is none.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Last edited by arizona98tj; 09-04-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkins View Post
Sent mine out today.literally walk in the fedex place and was in for about 10 seconds.i was not expecting it to be that easy.this is the first time ive ever had to do this what can i expect will it be relitively quick or could it be months?
Do you happen to know if we're supposed to get an email notification when they ship it back? I'm assuming so, but don't recall if that was stated somewhere.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat View Post
Do you happen to know if we're supposed to get an email notification when they ship it back? I'm assuming so, but don't recall if that was stated somewhere.
Im not sure i would think we would recieve a notification.i did recieve an email that had a rma number in it not sure what that is but figure its like an order number.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've got the RMA number, just getting worried because my gun was delivered yesterday according to FedEx but I'm still getting the "thank you for enrolling in our recall program" email. I just send Springfield and email to try and get confirmation that they did in fact get it.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #30

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Has anyone heard what the turn around time is at Springfield?