Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > xds recall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #101
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4415 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 1357

Latest on the recall.

XD-S*™ Recall Update 1/17/2014
Dear Springfield Customer,
We have been upgrading XD-S™ pistols at full capacity and remain on schedule.
We are currently working on XD-S™ pistols received on Oct 17.

All XD-S™ pistols received between Oct. 17 – Nov. 18, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Jan. 31, 2014.

All XD-S™ pistols received between Nov. 19 – Dec. 13, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 7, 2014.

All XD-S™ pistols received between Dec. 14 – Dec. 27, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 14, 2014.

All XD-S™ pistols received between Dec. 28 – Jan. 17, 2014 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 28, 2014.

We remain fully committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

When your upgraded pistol is finished, you will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address you provided for the XD-S™ recall.

Please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®.

NSDQ

Old 01-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #102

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Never noticed anything different with the trigger pull on mine when I got it back

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 01-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1645 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
I've heard several reports from owners that the XDS trigger is much different and heavier after the recall repair? Let us know what your experience is with the post XDS recall repair after a range trip..I'm still interested in a XDS,but would like to hear more input of the post recall XDS.

Thanks
Got mine back01-06-14. It was sent off 09-11-13. Have not had time to shoot it but I am going tomorrow and will post afterwards.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1645 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 1246

I did get a chance to shoot mine today and the trigger pull seems to be the same and that is what attracted me to this gun in the beginning. Like some of the others I got a 7 rd mag with mine when it came back and I have to say that is the real deal. It is much easier to control without your pinky hanging off the end of the grip. Wish now I hadn't put off buying one.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #105

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
Never noticed anything different with the trigger pull on mine when I got it back

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Firearms Talk mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
I did get a chance to shoot mine today and the trigger pull seems to be the same and that is what attracted me to this gun in the beginning. Like some of the others I got a 7 rd mag with mine when it came back and I have to say that is the real deal. It is much easier to control without your pinky hanging off the end of the grip. Wish now I hadn't put off buying one.

Thanks for the post recall trigger replies,it's good to hear the trigger seems to be the same as before the recall repair. I have read some reports at XD talk forum where a few of the members reported quite a change in the trigger after repair.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:22 AM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

I'm very happy with the new trigger.
I think it may be a touch heavy, but it actually has a more smooth, cleaner break now.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:01 AM   #107

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybigguns View Post
I'm very happy with the new trigger.
I think it may be a touch heavy, but it actually has a more smooth, cleaner break now.
+1. It does feel real smooth. The extended mag is nice but I do recommend the Pearce grip extensions. Got mine on Amazon for 8 bucks a piece I think. Well worth the money. Mine did come back with a scratch or two on the grip but I don't care. Glad to have it back. They had it from October 4 until mid last week.

Sent from my EVO using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #108

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

I haven't shot mine yet. But mine was bone dry and really dirty, anyone else's like that?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #109
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4415 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 1357

XD-S*™ Recall Update 1/31/2014
Dear Springfield Customer,
We have been upgrading XD-S™ pistols at full capacity and remain on schedule.
We are currently working on XD-S™ pistols received on Nov. 19, 2013.

All XD-S™ pistols received between Nov. 19 – Dec. 13, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 7, 2014.

All XD-S™ pistols received between Dec. 14 – Dec. 27, 2013 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 14, 2014.

All XD-S™ pistols received between Dec. 28 – Jan. 24, 2014 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 28, 2014.

All XD-S™ pistols received between Jan. 25 – Jan. 31, 2014 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by March 7, 2014.

We remain fully committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.
When your upgraded pistol is finished, you will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address you provided for the XD-S™ recall.As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.
NOTE: If special requests or instructions were included with your 3.3 XD-S™, it may not be returned according to the above schedule.
Please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®.

NSDQ

Old 02-07-2014, 01:22 AM   #110

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Finally got mine back a few hours ago,it was sent in the first week of December. it's dry but very clean.trigger feels the same,but i'm going to wait for the weather to warm up a bit before i head to the range ,its -20* right now.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.