Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   xds recall (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xds-recall-96185/)

adkins 09-11-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew661 (Post 1368449)
Has anyone heard what the turn around time is at Springfield?

I have no idea.ABout a week ago i sent springfield an email asking this very question but have yet to hear back from them

arizona98tj 09-12-2013 01:15 PM

The turn around time will obviously vary....if there are 40,000 in front of you when you package arrives, it will take longer than if there were 1,000 in front of you. I would plan on at least 1 to 2 months. Patience is a virtue. :)

My suggestion, stop bothering Springfield with e-mails and phone calls and let them apply their resources to processing our recalled firearms.

drew661 09-12-2013 02:53 PM

I am only concerned because of what I do. I manage a component repair department for a major aerospace company. If we do any recalls we would quote TAT when the recall was initiated and then provide weekly status reports on the assets by serial number. The Springfield recall is being handled to open ended for me to be comfortable.
What is the TAT. What stage of repair is my asset in. What if any is my adjusted ECD. How am I as a customer going to be compensated for the inconvenience.
That is what I expect from manufacturer. I had a issue with a Stag rifle and they quickly provided all the above info.
I know Springfield is a great company, and they will make it right, but they need to step it up in the communication department.

adkins 09-12-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arizona98tj (Post 1369634)
The turn around time will obviously vary....if there are 40,000 in front of you when you package arrives, it will take longer than if there were 1,000 in front of you. I would plan on at least 1 to 2 months. Patience is a virtue. :)

Kinda common sense thanks for clearing that up


My suggestion, stop bothering Springfield with e-mails and phone calls and let them apply their resources to processing our recalled firearms.

I sent them one email a week ago only because ive never been through this process before and i didnt know what to expect.Thats hardly bothering them.

arizona98tj 09-13-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew661 (Post 1369698)
I am only concerned because of what I do. I manage a component repair department for a major aerospace company. If we do any recalls we would quote TAT when the recall was initiated and then provide weekly status reports on the assets by serial number. The Springfield recall is being handled to open ended for me to be comfortable.
What is the TAT. What stage of repair is my asset in. What if any is my adjusted ECD. How am I as a customer going to be compensated for the inconvenience.
That is what I expect from manufacturer. I had a issue with a Stag rifle and they quickly provided all the above info.
I know Springfield is a great company, and they will make it right, but they need to step it up in the communication department.

Glad to hear that your company can so well manage a recall for 225,000 aerospace components. (that is how many firearms are in the recall) I guess I missed that Stag rifle recall of nearly a quarter million rifles. You do realize that having a one off warranty issue causes a slightly different impact on resources compared to a recall of 225,000, right?

Getting cranky and fussing about it won't help anyone. You can demand all you want. If you don't like the service, you can always sell the firearm when you get it back. Until then, try taking a big breath and relaxing a bit. ;)

drew661 09-14-2013 12:14 AM

I know, the magnitude of the recall is staggering, I am just looking for "approximately 6 weeks" or something.
I'm not bashing Springfield. I have trusted my family's lives to them for 6+ years. I just want to know about how long my pistol will be gone. I don't feel as a consumer that's asking to much.

stag556 09-14-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arizona98tj (Post 1370848)
Glad to hear that your company can so well manage a recall for 225,000 aerospace components. (that is how many firearms are in the recall) I guess I missed that Stag rifle recall of nearly a quarter million rifles. You do realize that having a one off warranty issue causes a slightly different impact on resources compared to a recall of 225,000, right?

Getting cranky and fussing about it won't help anyone. You can demand all you want. If you don't like the service, you can always sell the firearm when you get it back. Until then, try taking a big breath and relaxing a bit. ;)

I missed the stag recall as well is there a link to this? Thanks

emo 09-14-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stag556

I missed the stag recall as well is there a link to this? Thanks

I believe that was a little sarcasm on the part of AZtj.

otisthecat 09-14-2013 01:51 AM

There's a good bit of info over at xdtalk forums. Springfield says the goal is 30 days from when received (date delivered and date received are NOT the same). I'm not holding my breath though, as it sounds like the actual repair process doesn't even start until next week. Mine was delivered on the 3rd and showed "received" on the 7th, so I'm hoping I'm at least close to the front of the line.

All things considered, the Glock 19 I've been thinking about for a while is starting to look better and better....

Ez2b 09-14-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arizona98tj (Post 1369634)
The turn around time will obviously vary....if there are 40,000 in front of you when you package arrives, it will take longer than if there were 1,000 in front of you. I would plan on at least 1 to 2 months. Patience is a virtue. :)

My suggestion, stop bothering Springfield with e-mails and phone calls and let them apply their resources to processing our recalled firearms.

I hope they're not using secretaries in office people to repair your guyses guns lol
Might see another recall in the near future lol


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:53 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.