Xds and +p ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xds and +p ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I got some Hornaday +P ammo in a trade and fired a mag w every other round +P just cause it didn't cost me anything, it did well but since I got my XDs back I haven't had a malfunction free range trip. Really sux cause I love that little hand cannon.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I was worried about that. That's why I never sent mine in. Me and my wife are the only ones who shoot it so I don't see a problem since we are both experienced

Old 04-23-2014, 01:11 AM   #13

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I need to call Springfield but I have a feeling they'll blame it on me for polishing the barrel lug and extractor. I regret sending it in

Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 262 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel686 View Post
I was worried about that. That's why I never sent mine in. Me and my wife are the only ones who shoot it so I don't see a problem since we are both experienced
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazvet View Post
I need to call Springfield but I have a feeling they'll blame it on me for polishing the barrel lug and extractor. I regret sending it in
Interesting.

I have an early XDs45 that's run like a top. Didn't send it back because I have no complaints or issues to speak of. I guess I figured if it ain't broke, why 'fix' a successful gun? I like carrying it and have encountered zero problems, so...

Old 04-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #15

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Interesting.

I have an early XDs45 that's run like a top. Didn't send it back because I have no complaints or issues to speak of. I guess I figured if it ain't broke, why 'fix' a successful gun? I like carrying it and have encountered zero problems, so...
I can honestly say I never had any issues before sending mine in for the recall... or any noticeable difference after... other then getting a free mag..

Old 04-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

I would not use +p in my auto's, but I believe they function good in large revolvers, but thats me.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:54 PM   #17
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4845 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1462

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Interesting.

This is the reason for the recall and it is a flaw, so technically it is "broke" if you own one of the ones within the serial numbers recalled and whether you have had a problem or not it's your choice on returning it.

Yes I own one and sent it in for repair and pretty much agree with Eagle on the no + p in this weapon.

NSDQ

Last edited by Threetango; 04-28-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:25 AM   #18

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I did send some +p down range in my XDs 45. Every shot physically hurt my hand. Those were ranger xt's and they hurt like hell compared to standard loads. Remember there is no standard for +p so 1 brands may be no better than regular factory loads.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson