XDS issue poll - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

XDS issue poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Haven't had a single issue with my XDS. Carry it for backup at work and off duty when in light clothing where I can't hide a bigger weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Old 03-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #72
Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My .45 was 100% trouble free(for me, my girlfriend had a couple stovepipes) had probably 800+ rds tru her, then sent it off for the recall and I had stovepipes w two of the three mags I was shooting w. I had to take it out of rotation til I can fire a few hundred rds w no failures.

Made a second and third trip to the range, still either stove pipes or fails to feed, I'm guessing the recoil springs are wore???

Last edited by Crazvet; 04-15-2014 at 06:54 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-18-2014, 02:33 AM   #73

We rented one at a new range for my wife to try, had 2 hang fires. I believe that it was due to the bad reloads they required us to use, or the gun was not maintained at all, typical rented range guns. But we are still going to buy one.

Sent from my HTC One using Firearms Talk mobile app
Old 02-05-2015, 07:27 AM   #74

I've had a mixed bag of problems with mine. When using 7rd mags it routinely fails to feed, as the magazines get more broken in this problem seems to get better. I also get about 5 light strikes per 100 Ed's of ammo and have had some failure to eject problems (most likely due to bad reloads). I'm currently trying to contact Springfield to see what the issue is. I'm mostly shooting Remington UMC, Speer Lawman and reloads with some of the higher powered reloads being the most reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Old 02-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #75
Liked 416 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Interesting question!!

Several years ago, I bought a new one (the "Tactical" one with the longer barrel) On my first range trip, I had three misfires due to light FP strikes; I could barely see a mark on the primer. I had it shipped back to Springfield with a clearly-written letter and I included some of the cases with the light strikes (I pulled the bullets & dumped the powder).

Springfield shipped the "repaired" gun back to me. The repair invoice said "Reamed Chamber." They did a horrible job; it was scratched up as if some moron just took a file & twisted it around a few times. And, it still misfired. I had them replace the barrel & NEVER bought another Springfield product since & never will.