XDS issue poll - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDS issue poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
I have put at least 300rds thought mine and have not had any problems. It handles well even thought it has a small grip.

I have only 2 problems with my XDs. The lack of available holsters and how difficult it is to eject a live round. Other then that no problems with the functions what so ever. I have added it to my EDC along with my ParaOrd 1911.
Foxx Holsters will take care of you on that . I have one for a Kahr P45 and my XDS is a perfect fit for it also , They do make it for a XDS but since they are almost idential in thickness and slide size its a universal fit for both

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 06-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #32

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

I LOVE my xds. It's my EDC and I don't plan on switching ANY time soon. No issues at all with it. It eats anything I put in it. My only issue is the mags. The small mags fit well for CC, but if you get the extended mags, they are to big for CC. They need to make a six round mag for it, and it would be perfect. The pierce pinky extensions help, but for me are not a necessity. Love this gun!!

Old 06-30-2013, 01:40 AM   #33

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Shot again yesterday 175 rounds. No issues this time. Run it wet.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #34

I have had my XDs 45 for 4 months now and I have had no issues. I use a IWB holster from Shepherd Leather (you can find it on amazon). I just got my XDs 9mm this week and it is just as accurate and comfortable to shoot. I have the extended mag for the 45 but it does not conceal as easily. I would recommend getting a Pierce grip extension to fix the pinky issue

Old 07-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #35

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Only issue I've had with mine now has been if I rack the slide and don't pull it back hard it will jam and if I let it go lightly (being sneaky) it will not feed correctly and dent the casing. Other than that if I pull back hard and let it fly it chambers fine. Or if I use the slide stop to chamber a round it is fine. It is a fun little cannon at the range though. Had to put rubber grip on it. Hurts after a hundred rounds or so.

spit hell fire

Old 07-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #36

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock
Only issue I've had with mine now has been if I rack the slide and don't pull it back hard it will jam and if I let it go lightly (being sneaky) it will not feed correctly and dent the casing. Other than that if I pull back hard and let it fly it chambers fine. Or if I use the slide stop to chamber a round it is fine. It is a fun little cannon at the range though. Had to put rubber grip on it. Hurts after a hundred rounds or so.
I had the same issue with mine when I first got it. As long as I locked the slide back and hit the slide release it would chamber fine. That was annoying the crap out of me so I took to YouTube to see if there was a solution and I found it. I'd post it here but I can't find that video now.

The solution is simple. You can rack the slide to chamber a round without having to rack it hard. Pull the slide back until you hear a click and you can release the slide slowly and it will chamber fine. Even though you think you are pulling the slide all the way back on an XD-S it has that 1/8" extra pull to get that "click". Not sure what it is and what causes it but trust me, it's there. Without that little click it will jam and not feed the round.

Try it out and let us know if it worked for you.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #37

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
Per the owner's manual, it specifically states to "pull the slide completely to the rear and in one motion quickly release it, allowing the slide to slam forward unimpeded under its own force." It further warns about NOT riding the slide forward as that too will cause a jam or misfeed.

I'm sure you knew that having read the manual. Just thought I would bring it up as an example for others (who haven't) while using your post as a segway to the information.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 07-10-2013, 04:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona98tj

Per the owner's manual, it specifically states to "pull the slide completely to the rear and in one motion quickly release it, allowing the slide to slam forward unimpeded under its own force." It further warns about NOT riding the slide forward as that too will cause a jam or misfeed.

I'm sure you knew that having read the manual. Just thought I would bring it up as an example for others (who haven't) while using your post as a segway to the information.
I agree with what you say. I don't ride the slide down. Some folks do have issues racking the slide on the XD-S due to the stout spring. Just wanted to point out that even though the manual doesn't mention that you have to pull it back far enough to get the click. Trust me, it's there. Some folks don't notice it because they are strong enough that they don't even notice it. At first I thought it was the slide going far enough to get behind the round and the click was the round popping up but it will do the same thing without the magazine in the weapon.

BTW., I did read the manual before I ever fired the gun. I do this with everything I buy. I make it a point to find online manuals for future firearm purchases. Helps me get a feel of how complex the firearm might be.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:37 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCSFAN99

I had the same issue with mine when I first got it. As long as I locked the slide back and hit the slide release it would chamber fine. That was annoying the crap out of me so I took to YouTube to see if there was a solution and I found it. I'd post it here but I can't find that video now.

The solution is simple. You can rack the slide to chamber a round without having to rack it hard. Pull the slide back until you hear a click and you can release the slide slowly and it will chamber fine. Even though you think you are pulling the slide all the way back on an XD-S it has that 1/8" extra pull to get that "click". Not sure what it is and what causes it but trust me, it's there. Without that little click it will jam and not feed the round.

Try it out and let us know if it worked for you.

I just found the YouTube video where the guy explains a few problems and fixes to them.

I wanted to box mine up and send it in for warranty work but after watching this video it turned me around. Just need to learn any potential quirks that others might have figured out a quick fix.

Link below:

http://youtu.be/fUUSyph2vlY

Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #40

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
Best "sneaky" way is to have a round chambered, mine only unloaded while cleaning it.