Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDS issue poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

100% reliable from day one, having had it now for going on 3 months. Has had about 400 rounds through it to date. Moved it to CCW duty just recently.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

when I started with her she would occasionally not return to battery and if I didn't notice would give me light primer impact. If I remember correctly I ran my dremel in the chamber and over the feed ramp just a little and problems evaporated. pistol is with me daily now and is fired whenever I go to the range, at least a few. totally reliable and carries well. accuracy has always been very good.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
My issue is that they are not legal to sell in my state.
I have no further input.
What state are you in? Can't imagine the configuration of the XD-S not being legal with the low ammo capacity.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #14

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

Going to guess Cali. My case was stamped " not legal in California "

Old 05-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #15

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCSFAN99 View Post
What state are you in? Can't imagine the configuration of the XD-S not being legal with the low ammo capacity.
Ammo capacity is but one of a number of "jump through the hoops" requirements that some states require manufacturers to do prior to allowing the firearm to be sold in the state. California and Minnesota are a couple that come to mind. The manufacturer has to submit a butt load of paperwork showing how a specific model meets the requirements. Minnesota has some rather strange requirements in regards to the melting point of the frame, etc. (something about not allowing the "Saturday night specials" to be sold in the state. If I recall correctly, California requires the manufacturer to submit another run of paperwork if the model previously evaluated was for a blue slide and now they are offering it in stainless steel. Gotta love the red tape!

So anyway, the # of bullets in the magazine is typically one of many things that anti-gun states throw up as road blocks.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Gunslingerbarred Likes This 
Old 05-28-2013, 03:09 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Its perfect, powder river made a new trigger spring to lighten up the pull, guns great i only need one shot, its a .45. Also have extra magazines for quick reloads .

Old 05-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #17

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona98tj

Ammo capacity is but one of a number of "jump through the hoops" requirements that some states require manufacturers to do prior to allowing the firearm to be sold in the state. California and Minnesota are a couple that come to mind. The manufacturer has to submit a butt load of paperwork showing how a specific model meets the requirements. Minnesota has some rather strange requirements in regards to the melting point of the frame, etc. (something about not allowing the "Saturday night specials" to be sold in the state. If I recall correctly, California requires the manufacturer to submit another run of paperwork if the model previously evaluated was for a blue slide and now they are offering it in stainless steel. Gotta love the red tape!

So anyway, the # of bullets in the magazine is typically one of many things that anti-gun states throw up as road blocks.
Thanks for the details! Had no idea about the other stuff.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #18

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

No issues w mine, I'm very happy w it and carry it most of the time.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

After 500 rounds or so I have bad on one issue maybe two. The first was a split casing that became wedged in the chamber but was due to cheap ammo and not the guns fault. I would prefer a smoother grip texture for extended rage periods but that is a small issue as my wallet seems to take the brunt of the pain before my hand does :/

Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 222 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I've had mine for almost a year now. Not sure how many rounds through it...well over 500 though, with all sorts of ammo.

Zero problems, zero complaints. Carried often.

I recommend the S&W Shield too, which I also had. Just didn't appreciate the tiny thumb (or thumbnail) safety so much.