Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD's...to buy or not to buy...and which?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Evidently the sight I was on had a MAJOR typographical error on it. They had a box of 20 rounds for about $20.00, which really had me backing up. (Hadn't priced the ammo, as I was still debating the guns. Then priced the ammo and...well, I should have checked more than one site!!)
Okay, that's more like it...17.99 for 50 in .45 at wally here, figured Ga couldn't have been much different, sweet guns those XD's, you'll be happy with it

Vin

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 10-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #12

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Okay, that's more like it...17.99 for 50 in .45 at wally here, figured Ga couldn't have been much different, sweet guns those XD's, you'll be happy with it

Vin
I haven't found a really negative review of it yet, which is surprising. I hope to be ordering it next week. Once I do, and get it in, I'll post pic's and a range report.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #13

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

I have a strange feeling I'll be here.... Before you know it you'll be up to your eyebrows in XD accessories

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 10-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I have a strange feeling I'll be here.... Before you know it you'll be up to your eyebrows in XD accessories
Already know I'm going to have to replace that plastic holster and mag clip. Debating nylon or leather.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have the XD .45 service and the XDm .45. To be honest, I like the
.45 service the best. The most accurate XD I have is the XD40SC.

Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg

Old 10-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #16

I have seen too many rock solid reviews on the XD, and I tend to stick to solidly dependable weaponry when I can do so. Plus, the XD .45 Tac just feels right, if that makes any sense.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:20 AM   #17

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Evidently the sight I was on had a MAJOR typographical error on it. They had a box of 20 rounds for about $20.00, which really had me backing up. (Hadn't priced the ammo, as I was still debating the guns. Then priced the ammo and...well, I should have checked more than one site!!)
Certain PD rounds like Hornady can easily go for those prices but plain ole WWB as mentioned is fine for the range.

Opting for an XD is a wise choice with several options. The full size XD is available in both 4" and 5" barrels, the XD 45 Compact also offers 4" and 5" barrel length with a reduced grip length for CCW...all offer 13 rnd capacity.

New kids on the block are the 4.5" XDm as well as the 5.25" long slide version.

Shoot them all if you can before choosing...more fun that way plus you get to experience the different feel, weight and balance of the different models.

Have fun.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-06-2011, 02:29 AM   #18

It's the Tac that I am getting in 4". Just feels really good. I tend to have the weird habit of using my normal loads as my range loads. Don't ask me why, it's just what I do.
We all know some firearms are finicky eaters.
From all I've read? The XD is like Homer Simpson and will eat anything.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #19

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
It's the Tac that I am getting in 4". Just feels really good. I tend to have the weird habit of using my normal loads as my range loads. Don't ask me why, it's just what I do.
We all know some firearms are finicky eaters.
From all I've read? The XD is like Homer Simpson and will eat anything.
I have an XD in .40S&W and an XDm in .45 ACP and that has been my experience. Just keep it away from the donuts...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #20

Buy....buy!