Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDs 9mm coming soon!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default XDs 9mm coming soon!

Haven't shot the .45 version, but I've been wanting one for a while. The 9mm makes so much more sense for me, though, due to already having an XDm chambered in 9mm. Looking forward to this.

Springfield XDs 9mm

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #2

Going down in caliber makes no sense to me in this platform. I mean, we already have many, many small frame single stack 9mm's...so why get too excited about a pistol that was designed as a small frame, large cartridge pistol. I own an XD-s in .45 and love it. It does everything I expected it would do...and does that we'll indeed. Seems a waste to take a perfectly good platform and handicap it by lessening it's power by down clambering it in 9mm. Oh well. I have mine, I suppose I should leave others to buy what they will.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A lot of people prefer 9mm over .45...me being one of them. Also, as I mentioned, it's much more practical for me since I already buy 9mm ammo. Getting a .45 XDs would more than double my ammo costs. I completely get that a 9mm version isn't for everyone...what I don't get is knocking it just because it's not something you want personally.

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBlackSheep
A lot of people prefer 9mm over .45...me being one of them. Also, as I mentioned, it's much more practical for me since I already buy 9mm ammo. Getting a .45 XDs would more than double my ammo costs. I completely get that a 9mm version isn't for everyone...what I don't get is knocking it just because it's not something you want personally.
Exactly...me personally would prefer the 45 but its not like they stopped making them...they just broadened their line for consumers who prefer a lower caliber....absolutely nothing wrong with it...and being a loyal xd shooter I'm glad they are expanding in each line they manufacture....XD all the way

Old 01-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am personally waiting on the 40 cal. Really wish they would have released it first.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #6

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by user123
I am personally waiting on the 40 cal. Really wish they would have released it first.
I can see why they dint. A lot of people (Rob Leatham included) don't like the .40.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I already have the XDs-45 and enjoy it. BUT, the second the XDs-9mm hits my LGS I am going to get one. Sounds like fun to have both.

HOTTY TODDY!!!!
AntonE Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #8

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

I have a .45 XDS and I love it. There is a reason it's been nicknamed the Shield Killer. Now that they will be releasing it in 9MM it will just give more options for folks to choose from. Some have held back getting an XDS because they don't like the .45 but say that they love the design. This will just help dig the hole a little deeper for the Shield before we throw some dirt on it!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #9

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCSFAN99
I have a .45 XDS and I love it. There is a reason it's been nicknamed the Shield Killer. Now that they will be releasing it in 9MM it will just give more options for folks to choose from. Some have held back getting an XDS because they don't like the .45 but say that they love the design. This will just help dig the hole a little deeper for the Shield before we throw some dirt on it!
I have always wondered. How is the recoil on the .45. I love the .45 it is my favorite caliber. But I'm sure it has some recoil.

Recoil doesn't bother me. But I figure it may be a reason people have not got an XDS.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #10

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15

I have always wondered. How is the recoil on the .45. I love the .45 it is my favorite caliber. But I'm sure it has some recoil.

Recoil doesn't bother me. But I figure it may be a reason people have not got an XDS.
Believe it or not it's really not that bad. That one of the reasons they are such hot sellers.