Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Xds? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xds-94234/)

MOshooter 07-22-2013 01:23 AM

Xds?

I've been in the market for a new handgun and i'm leaning towards a new CCW firearm.

I've been seeing some of the XDS compacts mainly the XDS chambered in the 45acp,i've also seen the XDS 9mm on line for sale.

My question is does anyone on this forum have either the 45 or 9? in the XDS? or shot either or both calibers in the XDS?
If so how do you like the pistol? I've heard the 9mm has quite a bit less recoil in the 3.3 barrel package XDS than the 45acp?

Thanks

ctshooter 07-22-2013 01:25 AM

There are several threads already on the xds. Try doing a search.

The xds is a great little pistol IMHO I have the .45

kiabe1 07-22-2013 01:36 AM

Try posting in the pistol section

rockratt 07-22-2013 01:55 AM

I do own one in 45 acp and IMO it is a great little gun and is my primary summer time ccw weapon. Recoil could be an issue for some but my girl friend shoots it and even did the shooting portion for her permit with it.

Apex-Predator 07-22-2013 02:39 AM

My brother owns one in 45 ACP, nice little compact gun we all like it. Springfield makes great pistols, my CCW is an XDm 9mm.

MOshooter 07-23-2013 02:39 AM

Thanks for the replies about the xds pistol,they look like a very good little handgun.

I'm not sure what happened? I was surfing through the different discussion areas in the forum and thought I was in the General Handgun section when I started the thread?? :o
No wonder I couldn't find this thread in the handgun section?? hahaha

Thanks again

If a moderator reads this could you please move this to XD or General Handgun section?,Thanks

rockratt 07-23-2013 02:58 AM

It happens to the best of us. I posted a set of tires for sell on a forum one time and the first guy that called said I hope these are for sell. I said yes there for sell why would you think there not. He said "because tou posted them in the wanted to buy section".

c3shooter 07-25-2013 01:53 AM

Moved it. Your account has been billed our customary $19.95 moving fee.

Just kidding. :p

sputnik1988 07-25-2013 02:34 AM

I was in the market for one a little while ago, but held one and decided against it. My only real problem with it was the aggressiveness of the grip, but it was enough.

drtybrd97 07-25-2013 06:54 AM

I have a XDS 9 and it is a great little pistol. I can definitely tell a difference in recoil going from my service model XD 9 to the XDS but it is manageable. Not a problem at all. I love the XD/XDM/XDS line of pistols. Can't go wrong with them.

Also I read an article in Guns &Ammo where they shot the XDS in both 45 and 9. The author shot and reviewed the 45 when it came out last year and he liked it. He then did a review when the 9mm version was released. The author liked the 9 a lot better in terms of recoil and trigger pull. Not sure why the trigger pull was different from one caliber to the other but he had nothing but good things to say about the 9mm version.