XDs .45 problems??? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDs .45 problems???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter

Soaked in vinegar, takes the coating off, then polish. Not sure if it helps with performance or not, really just did it for the lool
When you say polish what does that mean exactly?

Old 01-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 539 Times on 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiePoi

When you say polish what does that mean exactly?
Soaked in vinegar for a couple hours, the lightly rubbed with green scotch brite also wet with vinegar, gave it a quick polish with dremel and some polish, then lightly wet sanded with 1000 grit paper, again quick polish, then lightly wet sanded with 2000 grit, and then polished again. The polish I used was a metal polish I bought from the local Harley dealer. I have used if for years on my bikes, an it worked great.

The only down fall is the finish I removed is a rust preventer, so have to be sure to keep up on cleaning.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #33

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

I have over 500 rounds through my xds both fmj and hp rounds through both 5 and 7 rd magazines and have yet to have any issues at all.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #34

Likes Given: 2

My xds cycles 100% however when i go to take a round that was chambered but not fired out they sometimes get stuck... when it shoots and the round is not in the casing they eject fine but they jam right up if your trying to unload it... this is with carry HP ammo..

that is my only quirk... it never FTF or FTE or anything like that, feeds reliably every time, but doesnt like when i carry it and not shoot it.. haha.. shes emotional..

Old 01-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #35

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnorse View Post
My xds cycles 100% however when i go to take a round that was chambered but not fired out they sometimes get stuck... when it shoots and the round is not in the casing they eject fine but they jam right up if your trying to unload it... this is with carry HP ammo..

that is my only quirk... it never FTF or FTE or anything like that, feeds reliably every time, but doesnt like when i carry it and not shoot it.. haha.. shes emotional..
If she does that just give her a little shake and it comes right out.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnorse

I read that you gotta man handle that gun because of all the tight tolerances. They say you gotta rack the slide pretty violently to cycle it manually so maybe that's the case here and why it cycles fine when firing

Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I own several 3" guns, including the XDs. Yes, the springs are stiffer, but you don't have to manhandle anything. It isn't much different than any of the others. Stick to listening to people that actually own one. Just a thought about what I've read...., most of the negative comments I've read about before and after I bought the gun, were from those that didn't actually own one. Buyer beware.... . I love mine!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #38

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had 450 rounds through my XDs without any problems at all until last Friday. I was shooting some Hornady 230 grain Critical Defense ammo and wham...the slide release lever broke! Well...back to the factory. I really like this pistol but it's going to take me another 300 rounds at least before I can trust it to carry.