Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   XDs .45 problems??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xds-45-problems-81893/)

LaiePoi 01-20-2013 03:04 AM

Hey guys I was looking to buy an XDs at my LGS for summer carry but then I searched YouTube for "xds problems" and came across a lot of videos showing problems with light primer strikes, mag release problems, etc. hoping this was just a first run type of problem and have since been corrected but I'm sure you guys know more about this than I do. Could you guys shed some light on this so I can make a good decision? Any experiences and reviews of the XDs are more than welcome. Thank you very much guys!

Just to clarify I'm talking about the XDs 3.3 45cal

ctshooter 01-20-2013 03:10 AM

I have yet to have a problem with my xds it doesn't however like Tula ammo.

LaiePoi 01-20-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter
I have yet to have a problem with my xds it doesn't however like Tula ammo.

How about HP ammo?

Renegade44 01-20-2013 12:42 PM

Just picked up a XDM 45 5.25 and shot 100 rounds thru it Friday night at the range (reloads). No issues at all.

ctshooter 01-20-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaiePoi

How about HP ammo?

Never tried hp ammo. It feeds Winchester white box perfectly (range ammo) lawman also no issues ,and Winchester PDX1 230 gr. (carry ammo) without an issue. I have put several hundred rounds of the white box and law man down range, and about 250 rounds of what is my carry ammo (pdx1) without an issue.

Whatever you choose as your carry ammo even though a bit pricey to do so put at least 200 rounds through it to be sure the gun "likes" it. I know pricey but how much is your, or your families life worth. I do this with all my pistols.

ctshooter 01-20-2013 02:46 PM

Oh and keep in mind that the xds is coming out in 9mm this spring. Just a thought.

LaiePoi 01-20-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Never tried hp ammo. It feeds Winchester white box perfectly (range ammo) lawman also no issues ,and Winchester PDX1 230 gr. (carry ammo) without an issue. I have put several hundred rounds of the white box and law man down range, and about 250 rounds of what is my carry ammo (pdx1) without an issue.

Whatever you choose as your carry ammo even though a bit pricey to do so put at least 200 rounds through it to be sure the gun "likes" it. I know pricey but how much is your, or your families life worth. I do this with all my pistols.

Thanks for the info! I actually use PDX1 as my carry ammo also in my glock 30sf so it's good to know it feeds well in the XD-S. I saw that the XD-S is coming out in 9mm but I'm more of a ,45 guy. Just looking for something slimmer to carry during summer. The G30 gets a bit bulky during that time if the year in lighter clothing so the XD-S fits the bill

ctshooter 01-21-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info! I actually use PDX1 as my carry ammo also in my glock 30sf so it's good to know it feeds well in the XD-S. I saw that the XD-S is coming out in 9mm but I'm more of a ,45 guy. Just looking for something slimmer to carry during summer. The G30 gets a bit bulky during that time if the year in lighter clothing so the XD-S fits the bill

No problem at all. If you do end up getting it also look into the pinky extension that Pearce makes for the mag. Well worth the $10 or $15 it cost

LaiePoi 01-21-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

No problem at all. If you do end up getting it also look into the pinky extension that Pearce makes for the mag. Well worth the $10 or $15 it cost

Yes I will definitely get the ext if I buy it. Gonna check it out again tomorrow

ctshooter 01-21-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Yes I will definitely get the ext if I buy it. Gonna check it out again tomorrow

Be sure to let us know if you get it.