Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDs .45 pocket carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hey everyone. I am a loyal Glock guy for the most part, but in warm months, I pocket carry the LC9. Would love to pocket carry a .45, but Glock doesn't work. Looks like the XDs just might. How does it compare to the LC9 in size? And do any of you pocket carry this gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 90 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 143

XDs is slightly bigger, but I can pocket mine in cargo shorts or jeans without problem. It's not ideal, but it's doable.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1467 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
Hey everyone. I am a loyal Glock guy for the most part, but in warm months, I pocket carry the LC9. Would love to pocket carry a .45, but Glock doesn't work. Looks like the XDs just might. How does it compare to the LC9 in size? And do any of you pocket carry this gun?
That is my carry weapon. Never have tried to pocket carry it. I would agree it would be doable but for me in jeans it would be a pocket full.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have pocket carried my XDs and it is doable like the other person says. Have to be picky about what pants or shorts though. Cargo shorts have worked well for me. Any type of slacks so far have been a no go. Jeans I haven't tried...waiting to get mine back from SA :-(. I did install the Pierce grip extensions and they make pocket carry a little more difficult but I still do it. I would think the extended mag wouldn't work for pocket carry. I do have a Sticky holster that works pretty well for pocket and IWB carry for the XDs. Great gun, love it. Haven't had one issue with about 200-300 rounds through it. Hope this helps!

Old 10-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #5

Thanks. So it looks like cargo shorts, no mag extensions, and it's doable. Appreciate the input. Now to find one to shoot!!

Old 10-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 90 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Now to find one to shoot!!
You know about the recall, right? If not, read some of the threads below this one.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yea might be difficult finding one. That's why I'm waiting on getting mine back. Funny thing though, SA has had it for over a week+ and i just now got a letter in the mail about the recall! Never had any issues out of mine but since I carry it every day I thought I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #8

Yea, I know about the recall. I figure I'll buy new production with later serial numbers.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #9

Saw my first post recall XDs 45 today. Looks sweet. Now let's see how low the price goes. I've seen them online for 500 and 529 at the LGS. I'm guessing demand will be low and prices will drop even further. Shouldn't be too awful long. I can definitely pocket carry this gun.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 620 Times on 470 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Saw my first post recall XDs 45 today. Looks sweet. Now let's see how low the price goes. I've seen them online for 500 and 529 at the LGS. I'm guessing demand will be low and prices will drop even further. Shouldn't be too awful long. I can definitely pocket carry this gun.
I wouldn't bank on it. The recall is largely preventive. For pocket carry they dont get any thinner in 45, with the possible exception of the Kahr. All depends on the production numbers.