XDs .45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDs .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XDs .45

When will they release more of these? I can only find one or two on gunbroker... I want one bad! Made up my mind for this over another glock for a ccw

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2603 Times on 1271 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Treyendo

The XDS pistols are fine pistols but before you put put the cash for one be sure to get the serial number and be sure they have already been returned from the recall or is a new one with the modification that is presently completed. The ones that have been completed it will have a small roll pin in the side of the grip safety. The serial numbers that are involved in the recall are for the XDs 9MM Pistols XS900000 - XS938700 The XDs 45 ACP XS500000 - 686300. Despite this recall and minor alterations they are fine pistols. Never had trouble with mine before the recall and they did not have that many incidents involving the weapon. But as we know if there is one or two now days with a lawsuit happy society well you know the rest of the story. They rightfully so they sided on the side of safety.
I also have a Glock 22 and 27 that I like very much and and the 27 is also easy to carry and conceal. I do have the Magazine extensions on the the XDS 45 and the 27 since I can not stand to have my little finger hang over the bottom of any pistol grip. With the 40 Cal. Model 27 it also gives me one additional round.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 10-31-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Treyendo

The XDS pistols are fine pistols but before you put put the cash for one be sure to get the serial number and be sure they have already been returned from the recall or is a new one with the modification that is presently completed. The ones that have been completed it will have a small roll pin in the side of the grip safety. The serial numbers that are involved in the recall are for the XDs 9MM Pistols XS900000 - XS938700 The XDs 45 ACP XS500000 - 686300. Despite this recall and minor alterations they are fine pistols. Never had trouble with mine before the recall and they did not have that many incidents involving the weapon. But as we know if there is one or two now days with a lawsuit happy society well you know the rest of the story. They rightfully so they sided on the side of safety.
I also have a Glock 22 and 27 that I like very much and and the 27 is also easy to carry and conceal. I do have the Magazine extensions on the the XDS 45 and the 27 since I can not stand to have my little finger hang over the bottom of any pistol grip. With the 40 Cal. Model 27 it also gives me one additional round.

Very helpful thank you so much!

Old 11-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #4

LGS are starting to get updated ones back in stock. I've seen them in two different ones within the last two weeks. Also check some of the online places.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2241 Times on 1568 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyendo View Post
Very helpful thank you so much!
+1 on this. This recall is preventive. I bought mine because I appreciate the Glocks. The XDS is better suited for pocket carry than a 45 Glock.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Just bought the XDS 45... Excited about the purchase. Comes with holster and mag holster.. It's also post recall XDS.. Out the door with background check for $603 dollars!!! Brand spanking new. Here is a photo off my gun stores Facebook site.. Would take a photo but wife doesn't know about it at the moment. Would like to keep it that way.

image-224381603.jpg  

Old 11-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #7

Nice. Congrats. I will tell you the mag release feels tight as does the trigger at first. Mag release will loosen up with a few hundred rounds.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruiz42 View Post
Just bought the XDS 45... Excited about the purchase. Comes with holster and mag holster.. It's also post recall XDS.. Out the door with background check for $603 dollars!!! Brand spanking new. Here is a photo off my gun stores Facebook site.. Would take a photo but wife doesn't know about it at the moment. Would like to keep it that way.
Congrats, I've had mine over a year and still love it as much today as the day I got her

Old 12-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I just sold my dirt bike and bought the xds in 9mm. My girl doesn't know either. But I also bout her an engagement ring. So I'm waiting till the right time to give it to her. She wouldn't be mad about the gun she just wants a ring on her finger. Lol.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

You will like it i am sure

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk