XDm45
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

XDm45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XDm45

Took it to Fort Lee POW (Privately Owned Weapons) Range and gave it a work out the other day. Gobbled up anything I fed it. Like my other XDm's in 9mm & .40, this was no surprise. Out of the box accuracy was amazing. 300 rounds later it was shooting just as accurate as the first 50. I am so impressed with Springfield's XDm line. I'm pushing 70 years old, love my Colt 1911's, Beretta's, etc. and am so thrilled to add the XDm's to my stables of some of the finest handguns I have had the pleasure to shoot and own. Would have loved to have the XDm45 when I was in the Service!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #2

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

There seems to be a run on the XDm .45 around here, myself included there are 5 or 6 happy owners. The gun seems to be well received and a pleasure to shoot. Thanks for the post and for your service to a grateful nation.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've never been disappointed with any XD I've fired, m or not. I'm glad to hear you're happy with the weapon. Great pistol in a great round.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #4

I find it hard to get used to the split trigger system afetr shooting a 1911. Gun seems nice and accuracy is fine, but, it's not my first choice of what I own.

President, M14 Rifle Association
Chief Range Officer M14RA
M14 Rifle Instructor M14RA
Rifle Instructor M14RA
Chief Range Officer NRA
Rifle Instructor NRA

Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #5

Trigger is crucial.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #6

Default XDm Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyj8387 View Post
Trigger is crucial.
I've shot my one and only 1911/.45ACP for the past 45 years and am very comfortable with the trigger and shot my XDm/.45ACP with it's "special trigger", if you will, and had to get use to it. You are very right, trigger is crucial. Practicing with it....a lot, makes it feel like part of one's finger and control is actually within that digit. A GOOD trigger is a trigger that you and only you are comfortable with because whose gun is it, anyway? All guns' triggers are an integral part of how well one will adapt to his firearm. All triggers can be modified, replaced and improved upon. My XDm/.45ACP as well as my other XDms/9mm,.40S&W triggers out of the box are simply wonderful for me. For me, personally, I do well with them and am so very impressed with the quality of the factory's design and attention to mechanical detail. Thanks to all of you for you input! It's great to hear from you all. Respectfully, Gray Ghost

Old 10-11-2011, 04:49 AM   #7

Liked 354 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I don't really prefer polymer guns at the range, but I do often choose to carry them (capacity, weight, reliability). I also don't feel guilty about beating the heck out of them, as I don't quite perceive them as the artful endeavors their steel/alloy counterparts might be. My XDm45 is exactly as accurate as I am on any given day. Sometimes it takes me a few rounds to zero in after shooting mostly steel-framed 9mm at the range, but I really like the trigger. Hard to beat the XD/XDm lineup when it comes to plastic trigger quality in my novice opinion.

My XDm45 makes a great "truck gun". Fourteen rounds of 45acp are always ready to rock should "Mr. Murphy" and his inconvenient laws ever butt their way into my daily routine.

Maybe there's a better polymer trigger out there. Like I said, I'm a novice. But I've been fortunate enough to shoot a pretty wide range of guns, and the XDm is an ideal poly trigger in my book.