XDm45 - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDm45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

It's really not much more than an XD. 13 rounds is still great for .45. . . double that of a 1911. Match grade barrel and all. They can be found for under $700 all day.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 AM   #32

Liked 780 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. You posted this as a reply to my post. I thought you were saying the one I saw might have been a regular xd45.

I agree they should have increased the magazine capacity. In fact, that's what the public was expecting!

Oh well. Still looks great.
Realistically speaking would you really want to hump a 15 +1 .45 ACP on your hip all day; plus maybe 2 extra mags at 15 rounds each. Although on paper adding capacity to the XD 45 looks like a good idea, I have never seen the appeal. In my opinion I don't see how SA is going to market this gun unless they use it to replace the full size XD 45 and use the Compact as the flagship of that model line. There just does not seem, to me anyway, to be enough incremental change over the existing XD to make the new XDm worth the extra $100 or so. JMHO
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-07-2010, 05:50 AM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Realistically speaking would you really want to hump a 15 +1 .45 ACP on your hip all day; plus maybe 2 extra mags at 15 rounds each. Although on paper adding capacity to the XD 45 looks like a good idea, I have never seen the appeal. In my opinion I don't see how SA is going to market this gun unless they use it to replace the full size XD 45 and use the Compact as the flagship of that model line. There just does not seem, to me anyway, to be enough incremental change over the existing XD to make the new XDm worth the extra $100 or so. JMHO

The slide change, and the "m" factors are what makes springfield believe they are worth more. They are already selling out online too. Many people have been waiting for the xdm45. XD's and xdm's have surpassed glock sales for quite a while now too.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #34

I have been extremely happy with my XDm40, I have been excited about this.

I am with a lot of you, when I am carrying a thumb safety is something I don't want to deal with.

Also I have a crossbreed holster, and if the 45 will fit or I can get new one for it, weight isn't much of a problem.

I am excited to get my hands on one.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:21 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
I found the following information on a different site. So I am not sure if it is correct but as far as carrying a 15+1 .45 ACP XD45 it would still be lighter then some 1911's.

1) A full-sized Kimber Custom II (5 barrel w/empty magazine installed) weighs 38 oz.; fully-loaded (8+1 rounds) it weighs 44.809 oz.
2) A full-sized Kimber TLE/RLII (5 w/ tactical rail) weighs 39 oz.; fully-loaded (8+1) it weighs 45.809 oz.
3) A Springfield Champion (4 barrel, uses full-sized 1911 magazine) weighs 34 oz.; fully-loaded (8+1) it weighs 40.809 oz.
4) A Springfield XD45 Service Model (4 barrel) weighs 30 oz.; fully-loaded (13 + 1) it weighs 40.592 oz.

So (carrying fully-loaded and topped off) an XD45 weighs less than a compact steel 1911A1. No offense to anyone but the extra 2 rounds does not seem to be worth an extra $100-150. Anyway's if you need 45rd's of .45 then you should have brought a rifle.