XDm vs Sig p250
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDm vs Sig p250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XDm vs Sig p250

Hey guys newby here.

Bout to get my first hand gun. I'm leaning on the XDm .40 and my brother keeps pushing me to get a sig p250 any thoughts?

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #2

Both guns are probably good choices but get what feels good in your hand. Have you shot either one? If you want a XD, consider a glock unless the grip angle just doesn't work for you. Glock 19 was my first (and favorite...probably because it was my first) and a great gun to start with.

Do you have any preferences or know what you are looking for?

Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #3

if you have the money i'd say get the sig. i havent gotten to handle an of the XDs yet but from what i hear they are great firearms. i myself would get a glock before an xd. rule of thumb just handle as many guns as possable and then make up your mind. good luck and be safe

Old 05-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #4

I personally would go with the Sig, I own 2 Sigs and they are the finest shooting handguns that I own. I bought an XD(m) and didn't like it at all, it just didn't feel good in my hand and the trigger pull was horrible.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take every thing you have.
Thomas Jefferson

US Army Retired / Postal Employee
NRA Endowment Member
Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Comparing a Sig to a XDm is like comparing a Chevy and a Ford. Both are great weapons. You can not go wrong with either one of them. I have older model Sigs (220/.45,229/9,232/.380,239/9) that I have had for well over 10yrs. Never had a problem that a new magazine would not fix. I carried my P229 for as long as I have had it. UNTIL I purchased my XD. I like the fact that the XD and my P229 have the same magazine cap of 13rds. The .45 cal is what sold me on the XD. But I am sure that I would have purchased it anyway. It is like the handgrip was molded for me. Never had anything like that except for my Sig. As for Glocks, never owned one, never wanted on.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:58 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If you're looking at the Sig P-250 because of the interchangeable caliber configurations, you can buy 2 Springfields for what you'll pay for a P-250 and a conversion kit. I went through this last fall, and price-wise, it didn't make sense to me to pay out the yin-yang for the Sig set-up when I could get a very capable XD for what I would have paid for the conversion parts. That, and the kits just weren't available last fall. Not dissing the Sig, but it was going to be something like $1k- $1200.00, and my XD was just over $500.00.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #7

I love my sigs man. Out of the 2 that i have, (p226 Equinox, p220) The 226 is the most awesome gun i have owned in awhile with the .40 and the .357SIG. I dont MIND the XDm but if it were an absolute choice, sig is like the cadillac of guns to me, XDm being the sumwhat tricked out honda lol

All it takes for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing....

Old 06-21-2009, 04:53 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sig-Sauer makes great weapons. Not even thinking about implying otherwise, but the P250's selling point is it's interchangeablility, and that's really expensive.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #9

I'd go for the XDm just because it's your first gun. I have shot the XD 9mm and the trigger pull is a constant pressure for the whole pull and the reset is rather long but it shoots well! I can shoot amazingly tight groups with the XD 9.

There is no dispute that Sig is awesome, they just are! But if you decide on a sig, if it were me, i'd get a p226.

Texas is where it's at!
Cheers,
Angry

Old 01-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #10

Default p250 vs xdm

You have to remember one thing about sig thing that xd doesn’t have reputation. For years now the Special ops community has used sig for there reliability and there accuracy seal's use the hk mrk 23 and a sig mrk 23 which is a p226 with an erosion proof coating. Most government special weapons (cid, srt, crash teams, osi [navy]) they all use one type of sig or another for the same reason. I have a 45 xd and a p250 sig, and the sig out performs the xd. Don't get me wrong I love my xd for cost and comparable shooting but I trust my life to my sig.