XDM video - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDM video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Video

Nice clean video, but I have comment that is perhaps "non of my business." Please remember that my comment is not about you, but just a tiny part of your behavior and comes from 20 years of being a training coordinator in a furniture factory.

I noticed that you picked up the firearm by placing your finger inside the trigger guard and pulled it out of the case. Your finger stayed in side the trigger guard during most of the video, even when changing magazines. You may be the safest guy on two feet, but that's not what I am commenting about. As a videographer please think about an unintended audience. I know your intent was to show the attributes of the XDM, but someone new to firearms may copy your every action and the premature placing of the finger on the trigger could cause serious problems.

Please, please do not take this advise wrong. It's just a picky little thing, but details like that will always come up and you will learn from your mistakes. I sure have learned from mine. I thought your actual video was well done and showed a bit of craftsmanship that bodes well.